Warrington area, a warning to keep your pets inside!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty_sarah

Reaction score
hi geeks,

my friends cat was attacked on saturday morning at 3am by two lurcher style dogs. their owner a man who was illegally lamping (type of hunting) set his two dogs opon fluffy who broke his jaw, broke his leg so badly he it removed today and ripped open his stomach!!!

this vile act was carried out in padgate on whichchurch lane on saturday night. he was reported but dispeared onto the local field.

i have had a lady email me recently after a facebook post saying the same thing happened to her friends dogs few months ago by a traveler in the area.

this is just a bit of advise to anyone with pets, if u see these people in your area make sure ur animals are safe in doors.

or if anyone has any information please let me know.

thank you sarah xxx

Fluffy

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355849319.953075.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355849319.953075.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 301
OMG your poor cat!

What is wrong with these sick vile people, around Stoke someone is feeding poison to dogs around here

I hope Fluffy makes a recovery soon xx

Good grief, poor Fluffy. I hope s/he gets well soon.

There really is some vile people! He was dancing as it was happening too!

this is just horrible! where we used to walk our dogs we met a lady and she was telling us about a few years ago she had a toy poodle (not an actual toy but the breed of poodle) and she was walking it in Wales somewhere by a river and a pack of lurchers attacked both of them, her poodle was already gone but she had to get into the water to save herself, they just ripped it to shreds, it was awful, that was travelers and they just stood laughing and egging them on. i would just like to say though that not all travelers are the same as we have some lovely traveler geeks :hug:

This world is full of sick, sick people. I hope he gets caught asap and most of all I hope Fluff is ok.

B....... I'm sorry but I can't print what I'd really like to say.:( The scum. I hope the dirt rots in hell. Poor fluffy. Hope she gets better soon. There's some sick people in this world. I'll say one thing. What goes around comes around.

Disgusting!! Can't believe people would do that!!! Poor cat! :(

this is just horrible! where we used to walk our dogs we met a lady and she was telling us about a few years ago she had a toy poodle (not an actual toy but the breed of poodle) and she was walking it in Wales somewhere by a river and a pack of lurchers attacked both of them, her poodle was already gone but she had to get into the water to save herself, they just ripped it to shreds, it was awful, that was travelers and they just stood laughing and egging them on. i would just like to say though that not all travelers are the same as we have some lovely traveler geeks :hug:

That's is awful! X

Poor fluffy xxxx

It's not the breed but who is on the other end of the lead.

I so hope and pray that fluffy will recover and PLEASE post this to FB, let the police know ( tell them the owner feared for his or her safety if you have to) tweet, put posters up. Absolutely everything you can think of.

Hopes and prayers with Fluffy

This is absolutely sickening. I can't imagine the pain and terror that poor little thing was feeling. I hope he recovers quickly and that your friend is ok too.

It is terrible to feel like we can't let our pets out at night because some sick SOB might attack them!

Around here a couple of ratter type dogs ripped a cat apart and the owner, an older gentleman, was really upset and contacted the owner, saying that a leaflet dropper left his gate open and that's how they got out. However, a couple of weeks ago they attacked and killed a client's chickens! Now they are going to take things further. It is unacceptable.

I would be devastated if this happened to my cats or dog and who knows when they might cross a line to attacking a child or something. Fingers crossed he is caught very quickly. As previously said, it isn't necessarily the dog, it's the owner xx

Totally agree that it's the owner not the dog, one of my clients has a stafy and iv met him n he's lovely!

I would first like to say I would rather some didn't refer to travellers as these people as I fined it rather offensive as I am one and you can not be sure who ever it was was a traveller.if this was a non traveller would you categorise them in the way you have with using the word traveller.I can catigoraly say not all gypsys are the same :green: and i don't think it matters what back ground somebody comes from you can have a non gypsy who's dog is a danger as we all know.

Anyway back on topic I think that is disgusting poor fluffy I hopehe gets better soon poor little mite.

I agree that it's the owners responsibility entirely that if an owner has a type of dog that is a hunting dog they should damn well make sure that there in control of there dog at all times because let's face it if there dog is a hunting dog some dogs will hunt instinctively even if they have not been taught to it's built in.

My boy Gary Bullmastiff they were bread for garding gamekeepers now he will gard all day and all night we have not taught him this it's instinctive rather annoying to say the least when he sits at the window warning strangers off lol.He's as soft as poop loves people,kids,dogs but he will do his damnedest to
protect when he's inside his home.your safe if you come in he will lick you to death lol.

Responsable owners is the key here.

Last edited:
Ah poor fluffy.

I live in a small village and there are a lot of farms close by. Loose dogs are often a problem and worry of mine when I'm walking my dogs. As the dogs from the farms and stables aren't often friendly. And some one told me there used to be a black lab that used to kill cats in the village.

Hope fluffy recovers x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

oh my god, poor fluffy i pray he'll be ok,this is sickening! i wholeheartedly agree with previous posts about the responsibilities of being a dog owner, i hope they catch this vile man soon to stop this happening again x

I have a lurcher and she has no interest in "hunting". We walk through the woods and she sees rabbits, birds etc and couldn't care less. These dogs have been taught to do this.

This is so upsetting. What disgusting people. I really hope that Fluffy is ok and not too damaged by this and manages to have a happy life. Please update us if you hear anything else, I'd love to see this man caught (though he'd probably only get a warning or banned from keeping animals for a short time).

This is so upsetting. What disgusting people. I really hope that Fluffy is ok and not too damaged by this and manages to have a happy life. Please update us if you hear anything else, I'd love to see this man caught (though he'd probably only get a warning or banned from keeping animals for a short time).

The animals will be the only ones to suffer in this instance, poor little Fluffy and yes the dogs too if they are taken from the owner when he is caught, sadly they are in a living hell if he is caught or not. He made them what they are today and the chances are they will be euthenized because not many would want to adopt dogs like that or have the time and patience to rehabilitate their behaviour.

Rehabilitation is possible as seen time and again when fighting dogs are rescued from the illegal fighting rings. They go on to be happy well loved family pets. The main requirement is for an owner to be able to read the signs, the body language of the animal and for them to react in the appropriate manner.

Latest posts

Back