warts an all

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Debs

Reaction score
All you techies out there, would you paint a clients nails if she had warts on her fingers. I have had a request to do her nails in a few weeks time and I thought if I wore gloves it`ll be ok. Can you give me some input on this, thanks in advance

Hi ya
well here is an extract from the NVQ3 Module19.1 taken from the Designer Nails NVQ information....................
It comes under Contra Indications...............

Verruca Vulgaris (common wart) – is caused by a viral infection of the skin. They are round in shape and are most commonly seen on the hands. Warts should be covered by an appropriate dressing prior to any treatment. Warts are contagious and can be spread by contact. If severe refer to GP.

Under any treatment I would include Polishing Nails...............
I have a client who has tiny warts (corn seed warts) around the cuticle area, I use tiny bits of plaster, cover them and then start with the nail service.
I also keep my latex gloves on, I have explained to her why I do this and she is more then happy ..............
After the service I scrub my tools and sanitise them in the usual way........Well I must admit I just scrub a little bit more lol lol lol

But I have send clients away when they have had nasty biggy's..........
But said in in such a way that they dont feel they have the black death lol...
If they are a bit taken back, and think you are over top with this ask them..............
Would you have been happy if the client before you had chickenpox ??????

Other might feel different , but this is my policy and I am sticking to it, until I have been convinced otherwise.......................

Love Ruth xxxx

Thanks for that Ruth, in my manual it just lists it as a contra-indication and as I haven`t had any clients up until now with warts I really wasn`t sure I`d handled it properly.
The lady wasn`t offended when I told her I`d cover them up and wear gloves myself, but I wasn`t sure about doing it at all. She only wants them painted (beautiful nails she has too, shame about the warts) and the warts although on her fingers are nowhere near the nail plate but I`ll be careful not to spread infection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back