Warts...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
Hi, soz another question peeps!

I did my first open day at a public event and turned one girl away because she had really bad warts surrounding a few of her nails - they weren't small - you literally couldnt see the cuticle area..

Now, i was only painting nails but i knew there was no way i could paint her nails without touching the affected areas so i politely explained that i couldnt do them and used the very simple excuse of that i wouldnt be covered by insurance but would be happy to do them another time when it has all cleared up. I explained this to her parent who didnt look too happy but seemed to understand..

I felt awful but just couldnt see how i could do it..

Have i done the right thing?

Its a delicate situation as she's only a small girl. I prob would have found an old bottle of polish and painted her (with gloves) and thrown the bottle out. Warts are so comman in children and its not their fault as its a viral infection that is easily spread and re-infection is likely. It prob would have made her day to have lil painted nails - sorry not trying to make you feel bad I'm just a softie sometimes.

I wouldn't have done it either. I think you did the right thing. I wouldn't want to risk catching it or passing it on to another client. xxx

aaaahhhh hahaha i always turn away anyone with warts on thier hands, its mostly my own phobia lol i dont think you did the wrong think especilly if you know you wouldve contaminated your polish!
Posted via Mobile Device

I would have sanitized the nails, covered the warts with a gauze pad while working and polished her nails.

I might have ditched the polish but somehow I do not think a virus would grow in a bottle of polish and I would not have touched her warts with my brush in any case. I would have left a free margin around the eponychium end of the nail and not gone near the warts.

Latest posts

Back