Was I right to say no?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MorganDazzle

Reaction score
Close friend called me this afternoon and asked me if I would trim and colour her hair from a virgin base 7 to a 5. I said yes and that I could do it tuesday to allow me tme to order the tint from th warehouse.
She replies 'oh no iv bought a box of that perfect 10 stuff, can u just do it with that tonight im goin out and I want it done for that, im not really wanting to wait'.
I said no, that I would not be happy to use a home kit, she says 'oh rite, ok ill call you later'.

Now I just recieved a text from her mum telling me iv really upset her, and I need 'bringing down a peg or two' as im only a student, and I should be happy she asked me, not refusing, and that I need to stop acting like I know it all. :(

This has really upset me, she is my friend and her mum is too, was I right for standing my ground and saying no?

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

Close friend called me this afternoon and asked me if I would trim and colour her hair from a virgin base 7 to a 5. I said yes and that I could do it tuesday to allow me tme to order the tint from th warehouse.
She replies 'oh no iv bought a box of that perfect 10 stuff, can u just do it with that tonight im goin out and I want it done for that, im not really wanting to wait'.
I said no, that I would not be happy to use a home kit, she says 'oh rite, ok ill call you later'.

Now I just recieved a text from her mum telling me iv really upset her, and I need 'bringing down a peg or two' as im only a student, and I should be happy she asked me, not refusing, and that I need to stop acting like I know it all. :(

This has really upset me, she is my friend and her mum is too, was I right for standing my ground and saying no?

Do what you feel comfortable doing!

I think her mum needs bringing down a peg or two! why should she tell you what's good for you, even though you're training, you still have more knowledge and experience than her mum...

There will always be someone out there trying to get something cheaper, i personally give in and always put box colours on for people but im comfortable doing it....if you're not, dont do it :)

You were right to say no, I would of done the same. If she were that desperate she would of done it herself x

Of course you were right to say no! I would if for numerous reasons such as ....
A. If it's a box colour you don't know what colour it is and if it will work with her previous colour on her hair
B. It's a Sunday night lol x factors on duh lol no how rude to expect you to do that short notice I certainly wouldn't.
C. If she has got upset by you saying no then she's obviously a bit selfish and not a great mate

I wouldn't worry if you wanna text back I would say about skin testing 24-48 hours before and that as your still training you don't wanna go against what you've been taught.

Chin up chick unfortunately you come across people like this in this industry. X

Of course you were right to say no! I would if for numerous reasons such as ....
A. If it's a box colour you don't know what colour it is and if it will work with her previous colour on her hair
B. It's a Sunday night lol x factors on duh lol no how rude to expect you to do that short notice I certainly wouldn't.
C. If she has got upset by you saying no then she's obviously a bit selfish and not a great mate

I wouldn't worry if you wanna text back I would say about skin testing 24-48 hours before and that as your still training you don't wanna go against what you've been taught.

Chin up chick unfortunately you come across people like this in this industry. X

That was my main point, I would want to skin test first, and also I kno how unpredictable home kits can be.

Thanku :) im starting to relax now thanks to a nice bottle of rose!! Guess I need to thicken my skin a bit xx

That was my main point, I would want to skin test first, and also I kno how unpredictable home kits can be.

Thanku :) im starting to relax now thanks to a nice bottle of rose!! Guess I need to thicken my skin a bit xx

Your welcome sweet its nervewracking saying no but you have to sometimes otherwise they will continue x

Latest posts

Back