Was I wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmmaLF

Reaction score
OK so I have a bit of a moral dilemma. Tonight at 7.30 I was supposed to do a girls nails in her house (I'm mobile), i was messaging her today confirming prices etc. She gave me her address as 1 Springfield (I just made this address up as an example) I had an idea of the general area so put it into my satnav anyway. Turns out 'springfield' is a general area and there are a few different estates : Springfield villas, upper Springfield, Springfield road etc. I didn't have a clue which it was so I messaged her to ask. No reply. Panicking I kind of drove around the estates (not really sure what I was expecting to see, a sign with 'Mary's House' outside??) They were very run down estates, grafitti, board's on windows etc so tbh I didn't fancy getting out and knocking on doors seeing if anyone knew the girl. I messaged again and got no reply. I drove around for 30 mins and finally messaged saying If I didn't get a reply by 8 unfortunately I'd have to head home and reschedule. I assumed she'd be trying to contact me to find out where I was since I was late. But nothing. She didn't reply to any messages so I headed home at 8. Still haven't heard from her. I feel really guilty for just leaving but I couldn't exactly circle all the estates for another 30 mins people would be ringing the guards saying there's a suspicious car driving around! What would you have done??

I should have looked earlier and realised there was a few estates but I work full time during the day in a salon and we were back to back booked today crazy busy so I didn't have time to be worrying about tonight.

Why should you feel guilty? It was her responsibly to ensure she provided you with an accurate address. Tbh it sounds like it may have been a wind up booking in any case for her to have done that and to then not respond to your further messages.

Why should you feel guilty? It was her responsibly to ensure she provided you with an accurate address. Tbh it sounds like it may have been a wind up booking in any case for her to have done that and to then not respond to your further messages.

tbh its not even so much guilt I just don't want her to bad mouth me saying I didn't turn up. I think maybe she didn't care either way if I turned up or not. She didn't try to call or contact me to ask where i am. Even now that its nearly and hour and a half after her appointment time I haven't heard a peep? Also now that I think about it when I was messaging her today she was trying to haggle prices, I stood firm and now Im wondering if maybe she decided to go somewhere cheaper but didn't bother telling me. I have some other clients who are amazing and so lovely and would never dream of messing you around so I don't want to tar everyone with the same brush but its just annoying when you waste your time and give away an app to someone who doesn't really want it.

Edited to remove ethnic reference

Last edited by a moderator:
tbh its not even so much guilt I just don't want her to bad mouth me saying I didn't turn up. I think maybe she didn't care either way if I turned up or not. She didn't try to call or contact me to ask where i am. Even now that its nearly and hour and a half after her appointment time I haven't heard a peep? Also now that I think about it when I was messaging her today she was trying to haggle prices, I stood firm and now Im wondering if maybe she decided to go somewhere cheaper but didn't bother telling me. I have some other clients who are amazing and so lovely and would never dream of messing you around so I don't want to tar everyone with the same brush but its just annoying when you waste your time and give away an app to someone who doesn't really want it.
Don't feel guilty at all Emma,just learn from it.I am mobile and I always ask what their address is first and quickly check on my iphone maps the distance and location before I commit to an appointment,just incase i dont want to go to that address and if I do at least I have a clear idea of exactly where I need to drive to so I am not under pressure when I am on my way...

I never leave the address to the last minute because I have been in your position before...You have the choice to treat whoever you wish.

Don't feel guilty just forget about it now and next time just check first the location
Xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't feel guilty at all Emma,just learn from it.I am mobile and I always ask what their address is first and quickly check on my iphone maps the distance and location before I commit to an appointment,just incase i dont want to go to that address and if I do at least I have a clear idea of exactly where I need to drive to so I am not under pressure when I am on my way...

I never leave the address to the last minute because I have been in your position before...You have the choice to treat whoever you wish.

Don't feel guilty just forget about it now and next time just check first the location
Xxx

I know exactly what you mean, I left it til last because I live in a very small town and I knew her address was also in my town about 5 mins from my house I just didnt know where exactly it was so assumed she'd given me her exact address and that it would take me right there, didn't realise she had been so vague! From now on I will definitely be checking every address first and google streetviewing before I decide! We were just so crazy in work I was trying to quickly message her back between clients.

Similar incident happened to me. The reason why i never got a text back was because she had ran out of phone credit. It was from that point i learned not to text and to call instead.

Latest posts

Back