Was left feeling drained after this experience!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had an odd experience when my uncle passed away quite a few years ago now.

He was a very organised man and had paid for his funeral and even chosen his plot ( I knew he had a funeral plan but it was never discussed as to his plot, I mean how exactly do u make up your mind where exactly u want to be buried? ) anyway a week before the funeral I went to the florists to order my flowers and my sister & her partner did the same, we didn't see what the other had ordered, thinking nothing more of it we left very emotional.

It came to the night before the funeral and obviously my uncle was on my Mind so it came to no surprise to me when I had a dream about him.
In the dream he was sitting in a tree like a little boy with one leg bent and the other dangling down swinging in a real care free kind of manner. He then placed flowers on his grave it was a floral design of some gates made out of white carnations with a red ribbon trim, I awoke from the dream feeling what can only be described as a sense of calm & peace.

The funeral came and once we were taken to the graveside I saw his plot right below a tree, my sisters flowers she had chosen were almost identical but with one difference, the ribbon was blue his favourite colour!

My father (who's brother it was that died- his identical twin brother I might add) has dreams to this day of these massive gates which once I got him to draw them are a large scale of what the floral tribute was built upon.

Oo I'm Capricorn btw x

I've never seen or done anything like what has been described in the thread - which I had absolutely loved, btw! But thought I'd add a few things that come to mind.

Im not a royalist by any manner of means. I mean, I don't wish them any wrong obviously but I wouldn't rush around to meet them or anything. And I don't generally spend my time thinking about them.

One night I had the strangest dream. It was dark, it was a strange place and Diana was there! Why on earth was I dreaming about her? It wasn't a nice dream, it was a bit frantic I remember feeling panicked and then I saw the crash. I woke up next morning all confused and went downstairs to tell my mum about the dream and she had the news on :eek:

I used to have an imaginary friend when I was a child, she was called Daisy and we used to do everything together. A few years ago I had reiki and all I saw was a huge field of Daisies (while I was trying to do back rolls out of my body, which freaked me out cos obviously I wasn't moving :D). When it was finished, the girl who was doing it asked me who Daisy was.

I vividly remember being about 6 and lying on the front bench that was around of the garden house. It was during the summer and I was just lying, watching the clouds moving past. Next thing I knew, I was about 6 feet up in the air. I wasn't scared, I just wanted to explore. I don't remember how long it was for but as soon as it was over, I went running (was gonna say flying, ha) into the kitchen to ask my mum if she'd seen me! She said I hadn't moved :p It felt exactly like it did when I was having reiki.

I'm Aries.

Ok, something nice now :)

The night before my son started secondary school we were walking the route to school, which was quite a way from our house. I was panicking that he was gonna forget the way and get lost. Then all of a sudden I felt really calm and said to him, actually don't worry, I'm sure the angels will look after you. As I said this we looked up into what had been a cloudless sky and there was a cloud that looked just like a fluffy white feather above us! We have always associated fluffy white feathers with angels and have found them in our house in all sorts of places and it really comforts us. We took a photo of the cloud then almost instantly it disappeared! It really calmed me down and my son never ever got lost. I like to think those angels are watching over him.
View attachment 44936

I believe we all have a Guardian Angel watching over us but sadly I have never seen one.

However my friend saw a hugh Angel in a hospital corridor the moment his mother died. He said the Angel was not looking straight ahead but sideways and he could not tell if it was male or female because there was a great deal of light coming off it.

He said its wings were much higher and larger than in most pictures and he said as he was watching it, the Angel disappeared and a man was stood in the exact place the Angel had been.

Another peculiar thing that happened was I was driving my son who was appearing in a big stage show and he was quite sad that someone we'd recently lost wouldn't be there to see him. I was stopped at traffic lights and said I'm sure he'll be watching from above and at that instant a rainbow appeared right over our car! We couldn't believe what we were seeing as it was sunny and hadn't been raining at all!! We sat there open mouthed in shock until the cars behind started bibbing me so I had to move. My son turned round and the rainbow had completely disappeared. We were convinced it was a sign from our loved one and my son had a brilliant show and even won an award. We told my husband and daughter when we got home but nobody believed us!

When my dad passed on he visited me in the middle of the night and took cookies from the christmas tree and he put one beside my bed and said 'and this ones for you' then he put one beside my sons bed and said 'and this ones for you' i woke up shocked and and just burst into tears, all the clocks in the house stopped and i had alot of them when i got the phonecall i already knew.
He always visits me, always. and he talks to me in my sleep sometimes and every time i take flowers to his grave one little bud falls clean off and lands right in front of my foot, everytime, and i hear him, he says ' and this ones for you' and i just burst into tears again
He is always here though which is good, he sometimes does funny things to make us laugh

The reiki lady says I have a beautiful angel.
One day I was in the back yard crying as I felt my heart was breaking and a huge fluffy white feather floated down in front of my face x

I was very close to my Grandfather and when he died 13 years ago I was devastated. I would visit his grave every day and just sit on the edge talking to him. Then one day while I was there I found my self getting angry and I said "Grandad you probably don't even know I'm here" and on his grave I could see something shining but I didn't pick it up immediately. My eyes kept coming back to this shining object and then I did pick it up. It was a tiny little granite stone in the perfect shape of a heart and the sun was making it glitter. I lifted it, kissed it and put it in my purse. I have it to this day and I believe it was a message from him to let me know that he could hear me. It helped me so much xx

I'm enjoying this thread, its interesting reading.

Personally Im totally on the fence- Im a sceptic BUT have had so many 'experiences' I just cant rationalise that I often question.
Many were when I was young but a good handful were as an adult including fairly recently.
The reason I remain on the fence is although I cant explain things, often I have been woken in the middle of sleep- early morning dawn/ middle of the night and so have been too fuzzy to know if its just me or not.

One of mine I have often rationalised as coincidence is saying things in jest that often turn out later to come true... this has happened on many occasions that now i'm quite careful now on what I joke about!

I'm a terrible judge of character as I am incapable of seeing bad in anyone until I've reason to.

I do have very vivid dreams and strong deja-vu often... Im cancer :D

Interesting thread!

I don't know whether I am tuned in or not, nothing spooky has ever happened to me that I can recall. I have a really good memory and get strong gut feelings about things and can make my mind up about somebody almost as soon as I meet them. I do believe in angels and strongly believe that everything happens for a reason/ karma.

My dogs on the other hand..! Sleeping one minute then staring at something on the roof that we can't see the next minute!

I'm Scorpio xx

Talking about our psychic gift, which we all have but need to activate it. Something happened to me a few years ago.

I was having a meal with friends, and a lady on the table next to me spoke to me. I didn't know her and was looking down at my plate at the time. She said to me "I don't like prawns". I looked up and said to her "I do".

She looked at me in a strange way. And so I said to her "You have just said to me that you don't like prawns". The man she was with said to me "She never said a thing". Then the woman said "I thought it, I never said it".

This has only ever happened to me once in my life.

How do you activate your psychic gift? Curious to know!

I'm enjoying this thread, its interesting reading.

Personally Im totally on the fence- Im a sceptic BUT have had so many 'experiences' I just cant rationalise that I often question.
Many were when I was young but a good handful were as an adult including fairly recently.
The reason I remain on the fence is although I cant explain things, often I have been woken in the middle of sleep- early morning dawn/ middle of the night and so have been too fuzzy to know if its just me or not.

One of mine I have often rationalised as coincidence is saying things in jest that often turn out later to come true... this has happened on many occasions that now i'm quite careful now on what I joke about!

I'm a terrible judge of character as I am incapable of seeing bad in anyone until I've reason to.

I do have very vivid dreams and strong deja-vu often... Im cancer :D

I too was a sceptic until I realised I was fighting a losing battle. Things just continued to happen.

The house that I lived in for part of my childhood, around 7-13 I think, was sat right next to a massive church and a grave yard, and is connected to the church hall its an old stone house and was where the school master used to live (it was called the school house) there was some seriously strange goings on in that house!

At first things would happen infrequently, things being misplaced, unexplained noises, the feeling of being watched. Then things would start to happen daily. Especially when me and my mum were home alone. My little brother was pretty young at the time and we always thought he was leaving the taps on - he promised he wasn't and then one day me and my mum were home alone and we heard all the taps in the house come on full blast, kitchen and both the downstairs and upstairs bathrooms and then both toilets started flushing!! Handles physically moving up and down when we went to investigate!! We didn't know what to do we just huddled together in the living room until it stopped!

Plates would smash in the kitchen or move across the side, you would leave it next to the microwave waiting to take some food out, turn around and it would be at the other end of the counter.

My friend came round my house once and we were standing in the dining room chatting to my mum and a vase fell out of the window and smashed onto the floor - not like it fell of the window ledge it flew out a good foot like some one had pushed it, my friend was spooked and we decided that we would start doing ghost hunts to see what we could find, I think this made the activities worse.

The next time she was round we were sitting in the living room, directly below my mum and dad's bedroom where my dad had a weight bench, all the weights were always just lay on the floor. We heard the biggest bang like some one had picked a dumbbell up and dropped it back on the floor, we crept up the stairs when we finally picked up the courage, both of us more scared than we wanted to admit, thankfully we didn't find anything or anyone except the weights strewn around the floor.

My brother's had a punch bag in their bedroom, a real heavy one hanging on a bracket. A few times people would walk past their room and witness the punching bag swinging, some times slowly other times swinging quite hard round and round in a circle, no body in the room (no Windows open - not that a breeze could even move it slightly) my youngest brother would also say to my mum that he didn't like the little girl playing with his toys, he said she would take them into the cupboard (walk in closet) and sit in their with them not sharing, he still recalls now at 13 'rachel' not wanting to share with him.

Just a few experiences of mine! But the scariest thing about the house was definitely the feeling of it, it was like there was a malevolent force in there - my aunty is quite in tune spiritually and she said there was quite a group of spirits , not all friendly!!

I'm a cancer by the way.

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

I have had a few experiences that reassure me, for me it is mainly smells that let me realise my loved ones are around. Also lights as in electrical disturbance. When I lost my mother in law I was thousands of miles away and desperate as I felt so far away and helpless for my husband. The last time she had visited we had pinned all along the hem of a blind in my kitchen and I had meant to sew it. I was sat in the kitchen crying and my close friend was next to me. We had 2 pendant lights in the kitchen and they flickered intermittently, I looked up and saw that all the pins were sticking out along the hem of the blind every single one. I felt at peace. I know that she is close by us often, we now live in the family home, sometimes I smell her perfume even though we completely renovated in March. I also know my Grandfather is close by and other loved ones. I have had many occasions that I have felt them and feel lucky to have been given these signs. I believe everyone has a sixth sense and that we all have our gifts, mine is sometimes hard to see as a gift but as you get older you doubt yourself less, I am able to feel things, I feel people. Sometimes it can be very tiring, you don't always want to know. But also this strong feeling and guidance has kept me out of serious harm on several occasions.

Last edited:
I have had a few experiences that reassure me, for me it is mainly smells that let me realise my loved ones are around. Also lights, electrical disturbance. When I lost my mother in law I was thousands of miles away and desperate when I found out as I felt so far away and helpless. The last time she had visited

I always smell pipe smoke or chewing tobacco when my grandad is around, very comforting x

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back