Washable Files???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

top.chic

Reaction score
:o Hi there, I am new to this site so am not sure if i should be starting a new thread or posting on an existing one so forgive me if i am doing anything i sholdn't.

I always buy Creative/Designer Nails washable files and use chlori spray after each client; but is this enough?
I have read that others use steri tablets in water or antibac soap!

Should i be soaking them in water and some cleaning agent first and then using chlori spray???
Also, should i be steralising my metal impliments by steaming or using barbacide or such like???

Many Thanks

I wash my files with anti-bac soap and air dry. Then before I use them I spray with the chlori-spray. I dont immerse them in the water, I just basically scrub them with a nail brush dipped in the water.

As to the metal tools, I have a jar of barbicide which I change daily which sits on my table with the tools in.

top.chic said:
:
I always buy Creative/Designer Nails washable files and use chlori spray after each client; but is this enough?

Use a stiff brush like a nail brush to remove any dust from the abrasive and then spray with Chlorispray and wait 10 minutes. This is enough to guarantee a sanitized surface. after all, not many bacteria live in acrylic polymer and I hope you're not all filing your clients skin!!! We are filing primarily plastic.

If some wish to do more, then that is up to them, but the spray does the sanitizing and it is not necessary to wash as well. It is not wrong either, just 'overkill.' But if that is what one wants to do then there is no problem.

Thanks for your replies. They have been a great help and i am now at ease with my procedure. I must invest in a new nail brush to scrub them off with, good tip and thanks so much for your help.

Ta Ta for now!!!

PS:What about my metal impliments???

http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=3156

Cassandra,

Re: metal implements try having a look at the link above. I asked a similar question - plenty of responses for you to puruse through here and decide from there.....

You also always use the search facility, type in a word/words and if any threads contain them they will appear so you might find answers to questions that way.

Hope this helps,

B

Bryony said:
http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=3156

Cassandra,

Re: metal implements try having a look at the link above. I asked a similar question - plenty of responses for you to puruse through here and decide from there.....

You also always use the search facility, type in a word/words and if any threads contain them they will appear so you might find answers to questions that way.

Hope this helps,

B
Thanks it was a great help. I already use chlorispray but after reading other posts was unsure if it was enough. It appears that it is so everything is sweet. Thanks again for all your help.
Kind Regards

When I finished my foundation I had a question on this too and asked one of my nurse friends what her advice was.

She said in her opinion the metal implements should be scrubbed with soap and water using a nail brush or similar. Dried thoroughly and then disinfected using something like Chlor-i-spray and that should be ample. Out of interest she wasn't too keen on putting metal implements in barbicide as there are often small bits of tissue on these, which you would just be transferring into the barbicide.

I've decided to follow the wash and Chlor-i-spray routine and as long as abrasives are disposed of in the event of drawing blood or fluid, just chlor-i-spray them as Geeg described.

Don't know if that helps at all? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back