Washing & Disinfecting "The Girlfriend"......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat's Claws

Reaction score
Its a detail, but do you wash with soap & water and spray disinfectant on padded files & buffers? Are they fairly quick to dry or I should have 2 Girlfriend buffers?

What disinfecting spray do you use?

Advice will be welcome,

Kat :)

I've only used the Girlfriend on myself and am due to buy a new one, I was wondering when they mention that it can be disinfected what the normal procedure was, so I can start developping appropriate sanitary procedures, I will be using barbicide for my metal tools but was puzzled as to the files.

The customers I've had so far, had new implements (orange wood sticks and Witchcraft files wich I have no idea if it they can be disinfected.

I feel a tadd ignorant.......... :o

I always wash my files after use in an antibac soap and leave to air dry overnight. I place them back in my box in my drawer and spray with chlori-spray before use.

I would certainly expect you to need more than one girlfriend buffer. They normally sell in packs of 4.

They also make a good retail item to clients once they see the shine you get LOL.

TY Fionna

The Girlfriend I have was given to me and I'm preparing ordering for various supplies, so its good to know they come in a package of 4. ;)

Hi Kat

I use a spray from LCN called mikrziod and i always put them on paper towel and spray them in front of the client! On a night i brush all the dust off my used files and wash them then leave to dry overnight as fiona said.
I think that if you sanitize in front of the client she feels confident in your cleanliness, i do the desk and my uv lamp at the same time.

I have to butt in here....:rolleyes: I notice Fi was saying she washed and then sprayed (which is perfectly normal) my question is...does it work with the Girlfriend??? - because the 'black' is 1200 grit we have always used Chlori-spray to disinfect which works very well but we have never physically washed them for fear of ruining the black and white side!! also a few use cool blue on the silver/shine side (just a wipe), to 'squeak' it back up again for that shine!!!:) Look forward to what you guys have to tell me!!! ;)

Hi...
I am now hoping i don't wash my all my files wrong!!!

First of all i fill a small sink up with warm water, then i spray my files wih 'chlor.i.spray' holding them over the sink. You can see the spray taking the dust down the file into the water. I then put each one in the water and swish them around. I get them out and using a clean towel pat each one dry and leave out in the open to air and dry properly (usually overnight) before putting them to use again.

I hope this is ok. They seem fine but please let me know if this is not good for the files.

I dont actually immerse the buffers (or files) - I use a nail brush dipped in the soapy water and scrub the dust away, then leave to dry, then as I detailed above. I have never had any problems doing it this way.

naturalnails said:
I dont actually immerse the buffers (or files) - I use a nail brush dipped in the soapy water and scrub the dust away, then leave to dry, then as I detailed above. I have never had any problems doing it this way.
Perfect - I can see this working well - someone mention Chlori-spray and water, I would 'water' first and then chlorispray so that you disinfect last!! as Ruth would say, just MHO!! ;)

naturalnails said:
For normal files I do the same as Fiona, but the girlfriend gets a brush over , spray with clori-spray...................
Then before buffing with the grey side, i just swipe this with a little bit of scrubfresh..............
Any contaminated files, get chucked in the bin............

erm...what the *£% is a "girlfriend"??
(apart from a significant other!)

its a padded 3 way buffer, carnt live without it!!

ps: i dont immerse my files and i lay my girlfriend on her side just in case she needs to drain!!

yogacat said:
erm...what the *£% is a "girlfriend"??
(apart from a significant other!)
Fantastic 3 way buffer, purchased from none other than CND.

Ps. You don't need to be CND trained to buy these;)

Dellie

Ahh - I see...
I do already have a 3 way buffer, but it is definitely *not* my girlfriend :0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back