Washing machine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurindaC

Reaction score
Hi, our hair salon washing machine has died so looking at options. Does anyone rent a washing machine ? If so any company recommendations?
Thank you

Why rent? Can you not afford to buy a new one? Don’t mean to sound rude...I would have thought a salon washing machine would be used a lot more than a domestic one, unless you have ten kids lol. So I’d expect a 12 month life span, any more and I’m on to a winner. It stops working and I just buy another for £250. If you can rent one, you might get free repairs, but any firm would look at your useage and note you use it everyday possibly twice daily and put a premium on the cost. As a comparison I bought a new washer and separate dry new, and they’ve lasted 2 years without any trouble.

I have always bought cheap and cheerful basic washing machines - they seem to last as long as the more expensive brands.
It's not worth paying for someone to fix a machine these days. Often we can mend little things ourselves on it anyway.
Unfortunately we live in a throw away society but if you send your old machine to recycling that's better.

At college we had a big industrial washer and dryer on a contract. It was always breaking down and then it took at least a week for someone to come and look at it even before coming with the right part to mend it. You can imagine how the towels built up just in a couple of days - awful!

Latest posts

Back