Washing off colours when mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannahsmith88

Reaction score
Hi guys, just a question for other mobile hair stylists, how do you wash colours off at home?
Do you make them wash there own colours or do it over the sink or bath.
Do you provide shampoo and conditioners?

Any replies would be great fully received

Hi hun, I’m also mobile. I have clients who prefer to wash their own hair, some who actually have to get in the shower as there’s no detachable shower head and those who insist on me doing it! So I guess what I’m saying is go by what the individual client wants. If it’s a new client I always give them the option for me to do it or for them to do it themselves. I don’t provide the shampoo and conditioner when I go to peoples houses but I have it at my house for when they come to me. Hope this helps!

Yes, I provide anti-oxi shampoo and conditioner as it’s part of the colouring service. For new clients I usually offer a small container of my recommended shampoo & conditioner for free for them to use afterwards. If they like it, they usually purchase bigger bottles from me.

Depends on the client. Some clients will prefer to wash it their self others prefer you to wash it off. If the client uses professional shampoo and conditioner ill use theirs if the client uses otc shampoo and conditioner then I'll use my own. You should Invest in a portable basin. You can get one with a reasonable depth to the basin for around £30 on ebay.co.uk

Yes, I provide anti-oxi shampoo and conditioner as it’s part of the colouring service. For new clients I usually offer a small container of my recommended shampoo & conditioner for free for them to use afterwards. If they like it, they usually purchase bigger bottles from me.
That's a very good idea, where do you get the small containers from?

I usually buy a few cheap 100ml (travel) containers from Amazon and fill them just over halfway.
The client can then re-use them afterwards.
However, I’m thinking I might buy some cute glass bottles next time, reduce plastic waste and I can add a fancy home made label.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bottles-We...3&s=gateway&sprefix=50ml+,luggage,163&sr=8-11
I feel like we should be at a point now where everything made is either already recycled or is recyclable not bad for the environment. Plastic is good as it lasts so long but we need to stop making it non recyclable and use what we've got.

Glass bottles sound lovely and cute. Take a look at ampulla.co.uk they offer bulk glass and plastic storage, I bought 50 glass jars from them last year for 15 quid to put all my herbs in!

So many replies, thank you so much guys.
I find washing colours being mobile is a really pain, especially trying to stop the colours running and also on my back when they want me to wash it off [emoji24]
So many great ideas though!
Thank you

Latest posts

Back