Washing up liquid to reduce hair colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supergirl360

Reaction score
I just had a potential client ask whether to use washing up liquid to reduce hair colour??? Is that possible??? Or does that just work on box colours???

I just had a potential client ask whether to use washing up liquid to reduce hair colour??? Is that possible??? Or does that just work on box colours???
It works because it's an astringent. Just like using cleansing shampoo on the hair. But it will leave the hair very dry and obviously it's not professionally recommended!

Thank you :£ I did some research after posting. I have never heard about it before. But that does make sense.

If that was my client, I’d ask her - would you happily use washing up liquid to wash your face? After all, it’s just another type of liquid detergent.
Hopefully, she’ll realise that it’s really not a suitable substitute for a professional colour removal service.

Yes precisely, I’ve advised her so hopefully she will wait. Thanks for your help. Tc

Latest posts

Back