watch out on myspace

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeepPaws

Reaction score
well I never!!
I have just been 'phished' on my space!! Never felt a thing!!
Just thought I would warn you all.........I think it was from a jo jo person,,,,,advertising a handbags to hire company
Just thought I would let u guys know so U can be aware of it.

thanks.....knock on wood it has not happened to me........what are you going/have done about it ....can you fix it? or do you have to get another account?

delete the suspected profile ...change your password!!!

What happens is the hackers set up a sign in page that you enter your user name and password into.. It looks exactly like the regular myspace malarky but its not.. the minute your details are in they have access to pretty much everything..
now this only happens unexpectadly.. it cant happen when you go through your normal process of signing on.. you may be in the middle of something and click on a friends link say, and all of a sudden a page will come up saying you need to sign in again.. DONT.. close the browser and go back to the beginning..
always have a close look at the profiles you are accepting.. look in their pictures and try and get a feel for it.. if there are no natural photo's.. if they all come across as magazine pic's.. or there is just one pic, dont accept..
you will probably get a whole lot of spam in your email addy now too.. the buggers are a menace.. but if you are cautious you will be ok!
:green:

You can help to stop this by looking at the URL at the top of the page every time you are asked to sign in. It should have myspace.com in it.

Latest posts

Back