Watching the dog

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Heading down to London in the morning to be interviewed by BBC's 'Watchdog' regarding MMA and NSS's (Non Standard Salons). Ill let you guys know how it went and when it will air.

Thanks
Big ol thanks to Anna Lajourdie, Karen Miller, Vanessa Martin, Rhonda Kibuk and Mandi Lewis for you generous donations.

GeekXP
Well... have just scored myself a brand new dedicated server and new server software.
That’s right... I have begun development on GeekXP. Though it is still very early in development... I already have the following sorted:

New message board facilities
  • WYSIWYG message editing (stands for What You See Is What You Get). That means that things like smiles and font changes appear as you are doing them (i.e. like you are doing a document in a word processor).
  • Karma system (muhawhawhawhaw).
  • Uploading of images. This means you can upload pictures from your computer into your post... no more need to have the image on another website.
  • Thread rating system
  • Calendar system so we can keep abreast of industry events.
  • Buddy lists that will enable you to be notified when a 'buddy' comes on.
  • Ignore list so that you can ignore posts from a particular user (e.g. Guppyfarm)
  • WYSIWYG editor for your signature.
  • Thread subscription management to let you be notified when a thread changes.
  • Better search system. The novels and tutorials will all appear during your searches.
  • Speed. The new server is about 10 times faster than the current one (and its also located in the UK).
Anyhooo.... thats it from the Geek News Desk for now...

nJoy

WOW :shock:

That sound grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat geek :thumbsup: ...can't wait to see 'Geek XP' with all the 'bells & whistles'....will it be ready before I head off to 'The Sunshine State' 8) on 2nd October?

As for 'Watchdog'.......go get em :thumbsup:....this exposure is just what is needed so that consumers are aware of the risks of going to a Non Standard Salon..........can't wait to see the programme :D

Sharon Green said:
will it be ready before I head off to 'The Sunshine State' 8) on 2nd October?

Nope... Its far too early to be able to tell when the site will be finished.
I am focusing on the functionality right now and then there will be the style elements which wil take at least a month to do.

ps.. the email a friend about this thread is working as well as an option to display a printable version of the thread.

good luck for tomorrow!

You sure you're not an I.T geek ??? Can't see how you have time to fit it all in. Way d' go!!!
Great news about Watchdog. Its just what we quality techs need.

Look forward to seeing you on the box.

Good luck.
Kellie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back