Water decals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlitterWitch

Reaction score
Hi, I'm fairly new here, and have trained in Shellac and want to offer this to potential new clients. Its a little daunting and I need to gain some confidence, but I'll get there.

I'm not artistic but have been experimenting on myself with konad, which is great and once I've mastered this, again would like to offer it to clients. However, I also tried water decals and found, that although they could look good (cheating, I know), they can become 'cloudy' once on the nail. What causes this? I use them on shellac obviously and always put them on the 2nd colour layer after curing for 2 minutes. I follow the instructions of soaking and removing the backing paper before applying and leaving to dry before applying and curing the top coat.
Any thoughts? I think this might be something thats just fun for me, but not for clients :sad:

Hi,

I have never heard of this before, have all water deposits defiantly been soaked up before the top coat is added .

Is it small designs or the full cover designs you are using?

Hi,

I have never heard of this before, have all water deposits defiantly been soaked up before the top coat is added .

Is it small designs or the full cover designs you are using?

I'm trying small designs at the moment and am soaking them as recommended..

I have never done any water decals but this blogger is the authority on them. Just look though her site and I am sure you will find the answers you need.

This blogger recently experimented with temporary tattoo paper and it worked a treat here is the article: More Nail Polish: Holographic Butterflies - Tutorial

Thankyou, I'll have a look at it and see if it helps.

I'm trying small designs at the moment and am soaking them as recommended..

Certainly strange on the small designs, are they home made decals or shop brought and is happening to lets of designs as this seems like a fault in the making not what you are doing.

Latest posts

Back