WATER MARBLEIZING

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BJ

Reaction score
HI

I HAVE JUST TRIED FOR THE FIRST TIME TO MARBELEIZE SOME NAILS USING WATER. CAN YOU TELL ME, DO YOU USE NORMAL ENAMEL OR DO YOU NEED SPECIAL PAINT. WHEN I TRIED IT, THE ENAMEL EITHER WENT INTO A BALL AND SUNK OR IT DID NOT MIX WELL. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY OTHER WAYS OF MARBELIZING AS I'M ONLY A BEGINNER.

CHEERS

BJ

normal enamel should do it, I was advised to use enamel that wasn`t frosted. You only need a few drops, maybe you`re putting too much in for it to sink?
I don`t know if there is any special paint out there you can use, I`ve only tried it with enamel

I have just recently tried marbelizing aswell. I had a few beads of polish drop to the bottom, I found that room temp water worked best, I also found that you need to make sure the top of the water is free of any left over polish from the last nail. And as Deb said solid colors work best, I had no luck with any shimmer polishes.
Hope this helps. :D

As the gurlies have said already, use 'solid' colours - not glitters, shimmers, frosted etc!! The particles spread out too much and disintegrate!! Uck!

Make sure you're not dropping the polish in, from too high, because it will sink straight to the bottom!!!! I always place my brush right near the surface of the water, to be sure it lands on the surface nicely and floats.

Also, make sure you wait for the colours to spread out before you meep'n'swirl them, because it'll just turn messy ;-) You'll know when they've spread out enough, when the 'puddles' of polish become to look almost transparent! Then grab your cocktail stick and get swirlin' ;)

And after each nails...clean out left over polish from the water, just drag your stick along it to 'scoop' it up, then wipe the ucky excess on paper, or tissue, and begin all over again!

xxlaylaxx

Hi there

I tried marbellizing the other day for the first time - how fantastic does it look!! - had quite a few comments from it as well

But god is it messy!!!!!! - took me ages to get the polish off around my fingers!

If you were to offer the service to your clients what would you suggest you charge??

Didi

But god is it messy!!!!!! - took me ages to get the polish off around my fingers!

:idea: Sounds good I am going to try it too! I think I will try putting some vaseline on my skin - it might stop the polish sticking? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back