Water marbling with gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi girls. Can u please critique my shellac marbling. This is my first go and I think they look ok. The only thing that's bugging me is that I used 3 colours on a few of them and I don't think it shows up that well. Am I doing something wrong? Sorry the pics a bit pants. I had to do it on my phone xView attachment 12520

Are you using your dotting tool to swirl the colours?

I think you'll get a better effect if you use a toothpick and you'll be able to see the colours a bit better that way.

HTHs

Are you using your dotting tool to swirl the colours?

I think you'll get a better effect if you use a toothpick and you'll be able to see the colours a bit better that way.

HTHs

Thanks Angel. I used a pin. I was wondering if maybe i needed to use more dots of colour??

Some lovely examples on here geeks.
Can't wait 2 give this a try!! :)

Hi girls. Can u please critique my shellac marbling. This is my first go and I think they look ok. The only thing that's bugging me is that I used 3 colours on a few of them and I don't think it shows up that well. Am I doing something wrong? Sorry the pics a bit pants. I had to do it on my phone xView attachment 12520

They look lovely well done!

Only thing id recommend is also not over swirling and using a tooth pick/blunt pin as can create cleaner swirls! Swirl in a continual / repeated pattern too.

Happy marbelling and well done again xx

You can Def mix shellac colors. But not all brands can be mixed. I have a gold one from lechat, and whenever I marble it with shellac or gelac it takes twice as long to remove. :)

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

If you love the look of actual water marble with polish, just do it over your shellac or gelish. It will stay. I've done it. :)

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Thanks Angel. I used a pin. I was wondering if maybe i needed to use more dots of colour??

The more dots the better if you ask me :)

I usually use three different colours for my dots and then really lightly swirl them using an S motion.

Thanks for all the advice everyone :) I done my own the other day, used more dots and they look much better. I shall keep practicing x

I've had a go with shellac-going to do them on my daughter tomorrow! Xx

I love the purple one on the left. What did you do & use to get the look?x

There look fantastic!

Sent from my GT-I9000T using SalonGeek

Sher 16 these are amazing how were they done x

My first attempt at marbelling with gellux...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344958314.341487.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344958314.341487.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 714
Resurrecting this after a search :)
Was just wondering on the longevity of these, seeing as you need to do your second coat with marbling thicker. Any help greatly received :) xxx

Latest posts

Back