Waterless manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glittergirl

Blingin' Brummie Geek
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I was browsing the web today and found a site with waterless manicure kits

has anyone heard of this and are they any good

i have put the post below for you to have a look

http://www.orlybeauty.com/waterless_demo.php

While I wouldn`t use their routine as I don`t feel it involves enough of a treatment. I do favour a waterless manicure for clients with soft flaky nails.
I also don`t agree that its unsanitary, after all, you`ll sanitise the bowl they put their hands in for the next client so I`m not sure how it can be classed as unsanitary

I agree with some of the statements about the waterless manicure - ie. causing dehydration problems to the natural nails.

I ALWAYS do a waterless manicure and I have done them this way for about 4 years.

For a basic manicure:
1. Sanitise
2. Apply Cuticle Eraser and SolarOil to cuticles
3. Apply hand moisturising oil
4. Put hands in plastic liners then into heated mitts for 5 mins (more if cuticles are very bad)
5. Remove hands and use lotion to work in any unabsorbed oil and massage hands and arms
6. Cuticle work as they are now lovely and soft.
7. Scrubfresh nails and varnish

This works for me!

hi wats the difference betwenn the eraser and remover??? do uu use cuticle remover?

I also favour the waterless manicure - you don't need to buy Orly's kit for this purpose and can easily utilise your current manicure range.

This method does seem to be growing in popularity ...

emmalouisa said:
hi wats the difference betwenn the eraser and remover??? do uu use cuticle remover?
Cuticle eraser shrinks back the cuticle, sloughing dead skin cells. Used with solar oil creates a moisture pack
Cuticle remover actually disolves non-living tissue on the nail

we call it our mini man (no soak and massage)

shape
cuticle work
buff with pro shiner
apply one coat of ezbond
then polish

naturalnails said:
I agree with some of the statements about the waterless manicure - ie. causing dehydration problems to the natural nails.

I ALWAYS do a waterless manicure and I have done them this way for about 4 years.

For a basic manicure:
1. Sanitise
2. Apply Cuticle Eraser and SolarOil to cuticles
3. Apply hand moisturising oil
4. Put hands in plastic liners then into heated mitts for 5 mins (more if cuticles are very bad)
5. Remove hands and use lotion to work in any unabsorbed oil and massage hands and arms
6. Cuticle work as they are now lovely and soft.
7. Scrubfresh nails and varnish

This works for me!

i like the idea of the heated mitts- i guess you could also include a para wax dip there instead :)

Jess
xox

Latest posts

Back