Watery Gelish colours/lots of coats?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleConnor

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone else find some Gelish colours to be really watery?
I've just received ocean wave & I've had to use 5 coats to even get a decent coverage!! I still wasn't happy after 5 coats but i couldn't face doing another coat!!
Although to be honest I always find I have to do 3/4 coats of colours anyway.
Does anyone else find this?
I've read some people can do two coats & have no problems but that's never the case with me?

Thanks xx

I have the the same problem with a few of my colours particularly seafoam and its a Lilly. However I do find most of my colours are ok for just 2 coats. X

Yeah, it worries me a little because I've never been able to do two coats of a colour. It's always been 3 as the minimum :( x

I use 3 thin coats on all of them now, with ones like sea foam I give them a good roll for a minute before use x

I find it useful to put one coat of sheek white under Seafoam and Glamour Queen and for my Deep Sea I put a layer of black shadow underneath x

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

I nearly always do 3 coats except a few, Queen of Hearts, Rendevouz, My Forbidden Love, the shadows collection. I always tip the bottle upside down and roll it a bit before starting as per juicylucy. Definitely helps. X

I've only ever needed 3 coats in some of the darker purples. Black shadow and a few of the neons. I mainly use 2 coats.
Although it annoys me that the consistency changes so much between colours.
Still love it though :)

LolliDolli💋

i usually air out my gel for couple hour so it thicken up a bit....learn it when I found out a old bottle of opi lincoln park after dark only needs 2 coat and a new bottle I did 4 coat and it was still not as dark.I hate using new polish for dark color it never come out the color it supposed to be.

Black shadow and sheer white I have used 4 in the past. The neon range has always been see through, the next set I do with a neon I will use white under as suggested by Jojo x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

It's very annoying yes:/ I wish Harmony would reformulate some of the older watery colors. Most of my colors are opaque enough with 2 coats but some like ocean wave, starburst, black shadow are so sheer that i need 4-5-6 coats to get the color to really show through!

I really hate Black Shadow atm! Can't really use if for anything!

It's very annoying yes:/ I wish Harmony would reformulate some of the older watery colors. Most of my colors are opaque enough with 2 coats but some like ocean wave, starburst, black shadow are so sheer that i need 4-5-6 coats to get the color to really show through!

I really hate Black Shadow atm! Can't really use if for anything!

I was talking to my educator the other day about this. I asked her to check if the black shadow is any thicker & she reckons it is. Different batches always vary so I will be purchasing and I will let you know x

Latest posts

Back