Wax brands! Which ones?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jade - portia

Reaction score
someone tell me what is the best wax brands i can use pleaseee help im clueless
x thanks x

I don't yet wax but the 3 that come up on here loads are Perron Rigot, Berins & Lycon.

I like Perron Rigot, do a little search and have a read up on what others have to say x

For me Its also Perron Rigot but as Kattyj has said check out the older threads about wax brands and perhaps get some samples and try these out for yourself.

Jack

The big three as I see them are Perron Rigot (my personal wax of choice), Berodin (formerly Berins) and Lycon.

These are also the most expensive waxes - as with all things you get what you pay for.

If you are looking for more mid range Hive Options isn't too bad. But you may also want to try Waxxpress or however they spell it. If you are looking for a roller system again PR and Lycon do rollers (I use PR Homme personally) but Clean & Easy is popular, though I prefer the Hive Multi Mini heater.

You also need to look at what size heater you want - I always recommend a 1000cc Hive Heater.

Now if you want a cheaper wax you could look at Pro Wax from Beauty Express or Salon Systems wax, or for a really cheap (and remember you get what you pay for) you can also pick up basic waxes from most wholesalers.

So as you can see there are many many waxes to choose from, to suit all budgets. All depends on what you are looking for.

I trained with Austrailian Bodycares tea tree wax and its quite good :biggrin: x

A lot will depend on what you want - if you are comfortable with pot and spatula then as others have said there are 3 main players... I'm a Berins girl myself :)

If you prefer rollers or applicators then Hive do a good selection sizewise - personally I got this and found I only use my pots so will probably end up getting rid of it shortly to be honest :) I know lots of therapists round here who swear by theirs however and I did too after my training... Found I soon converted to Berins warm and hot wax though :)

You won't get a true picture of the 'best' wax as we all have our favourites and you'll end with a long list of the same people (including me) just throwing the name of their favourite brand at you.

There are lots of rubbish waxes out there and several good waxes and a few amazing waxes.

Try a few samples from different companies and make your own mind up. Also do a search on here and you'll find lots to read.

I like Perron Rigot waxes. Perron Rigot have discovery days where you can go along and try the waxes out and see for yourself what you like. Not many brands allow you to try without obligating you to buy.
Andy Rouillard trained me and he also gave the information on PR discovery days. Check out Perron Rigot on Facebook. The place is in Crosshabour.

PR are also starting Discovery Days in the Midlands next month so you won't have to go down to London.

I am in Manchester Jade Portia and use Berodin (formerly Berins). If you want to come over one morning/afternoon and have a play with the wax, let me know, I would be more than happy to help.

Of course, try some of the other waxes and see what your preference is don't just take our word for it.

Thanks for giving me your opinions, I'll have a look at those brands. I've not booked my waxing training yet but I know from when I did my eyelash training that the products I bought that the trainers supplied weren't great and I ended up spending as much again to buy better products from advice given on here. I certainly don't want to do that again.

Joe90 thanks you for your offer, which is really kind and I very well might take you up on that once I'm trained :)

fozzyo plenty of suggestions there, once I'm trained my clients are likely to be young women who won't have a lot of disposable income, so I suppose I'm looking for a reasonably priced, good quality product. Something that's good for a newbie to use and the most popular treatment is going to be eyebrows I think.

It's a bit of a worry buying supplies and equipment for a new treatment because it's easy to make mistakes at the beginning that can be costly :)

Latest posts

Back