Wax cartridge cooling too quickly

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G-Rose2016

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to waxing and finding leg waxing a little daunting as it takes me ages! So I purchased the hive roller wax system but I'm finding that the wax in the cartridge is cooling too quickly despite putting it back in the heater. I have to turn it upside down and wait for it to run back to the top. Also the wax sometimes dries on the legs. I'm using PR eurose, and the happy cocktail range. Any suggestions would be greatly received. Thanks

Does the heater have a dial to turn the heat up? The wax should run immediately when you turn it upside down. It should look runny.

Are you applying wax to the ‘whole leg’ before putting it back into the heater? (speed waxing) or just rolling it once over the leg then putting it back into the heater after every rollover/strip?

The latter would mean the waxing is taking you longer and the cartridge isn’t getting enough time to reheat between reuse.

If you use it all over the leg then the insert it back into the heater, the wax will have enough time to reheat while you remove it all from the entire leg.

Does the heater have a dial to turn the heat up? The wax should run immediately when you turn it upside down. It should look runny.

Are you applying wax to the ‘whole leg’ before putting it back into the heater? (speed waxing) or just rolling it once over the leg then putting it back into the heater after every rollover/strip?

The latter would mean the waxing is taking you longer and the cartridge isn’t getting enough time to reheat between reuse.

If you use it all over the leg then the insert it back into the heater, the wax will have enough time to reheat while you remove it all from the entire leg.

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I've been splitting the bottom half of the leg into 2 sections and removing it that way as I was scared of the wax drying too quickly if i covered all of the leg. Then when I take the roller out of the heater it takes about 30 seconds to run back down.
Moving forward I'll crank up the heat so that the wax is runny and cover half of the leg before removal. Did you mean to cover a whole leg before removal or half? I have a few full leg waxes booked in from tomorrow onwards so I will let you know how it goes.
Thanks again!
Also is it better to use fabric strips or paper, I can use both but the fabric doesn't cover the same area?

Make sure you use the cartridges in rotation so that number 1 is heating back up while you use number 2 and 3.
How many large cartridges does your heater take and is the wax brand you are using specifically for a roll on system?

Hi, I'm using the hive heater which can take 3 cartridges at a time. So I can definitely try using out the rotation as suggested.
I use Perron Rigot cartridges as I don't get on with other brands, so no it's not the same as the roller system. Do you think this could have an impact on the heating time?

Hi, I'm using the hive heater which can take 3 cartridges at a time. So I can definitely try using out the rotation as suggested.
I use Perron Rigot cartridges as I don't get on with other brands, so no it's not the same as the roller system. Do you think this could have an impact on the heating time?
As long as the brand of wax is designed for roller wax you should be fine with using the hive heater, it just means you have to play around with the temperature setting to find its best working point (i.e the wax should run straight down to the head when you invert it to use).
Perhaps get the correct heater when your current one dies.

You definitely need to rotate round your 3 cartridges and close the lid every time when you take one to use. This keeps the heat in. Don't leave the lid open while applying wax.

As long as the brand of wax is designed for roller wax you should be fine with using the hive heater, it just means you have to play around with the temperature setting to find its best working point (i.e the wax should run straight down to the head when you invert it to use).
Perhaps get the correct heater when your current one dies.

You definitely need to rotate round your 3 cartridges and close the lid every time when you take one to use. This keeps the heat in. Don't leave the lid open while applying wax.

Problem solved! I left the lid open all the way through the treatment. I just presumed that it would still heat the cartridges efficiently . Thank you so much, I'm actually looking forward to the treatment now instead of feeling a bit daunted.

I have a different type of heater too where the cartridge is inside the sleeve of the heater at all times, even while using. So the cartridge is still in the heating chamber and doesn’t cool down very quick. I still reinsert the heating chamber back on its platform so it can heat up again. I do apply it to as much of the leg as I can. If doing a full leg wax I cover the entire leg all the way from outer thigh down to ankle. I don’t go over the inner thigh until I’ve removed the hair from the rest of the leg as I find rollers can drag a little on the inner thigh so I like a clean wax free area to pull the skin taught during application. Good luck!

I have a different type of heater too where the cartridge is inside the sleeve of the heater at all times, even while using. So the cartridge is still in the heating chamber and doesn’t cool down very quick. I still reinsert the heating chamber back on its platform so it can heat up again. I do apply it to as much of the leg as I can. If doing a full leg wax I cover the entire leg all the way from outer thigh down to ankle. I don’t go over the inner thigh until I’ve removed the hair from the rest of the leg as I find rollers can drag a little on the inner thigh so I like a clean wax free area to pull the skin taught during application. Good luck!

I'm definitely going to start to cover a larger area, hopefully I can start building my speed with the roller wax system. I do use pot & spatula for all other areas except the back but the roller is the way forward for back and leg waxing. Thank you for your help

Latest posts

Back