Wax heater brands and sizes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailz73

Reaction score
For all those who use peron rigot wax...

Since i am starting back into beauty services...what wax heater would be recommeded for peron rigot waxes..

I know the strip wax comes in 800g tins...so a 1000cc heater recommended..i was lookin at hive...what other brands are suitable for the 800g

The hot wax comes in bead form, would i get away with a 500cc heater ...?..am not sure on how much i will be doing interms of hot waxing at this time...i was looking at the babyliss satin smooth heater...?.

Also they will be analogue...can anyone tell me the right temp it should be set on... My room will be warm also...

I was lookin at the brands, deo or hive...babylissetc...
Thanks in advance ...

Sarah

Hi there

Basically Perron Rigot works with any heaters and most therapists use a range of heaters but I think the digital options are the more popular choice as they give better temperature control.

PR have their own digital heater, as well as analogue and yes Hive is also a very popular choice as well as some of the unbranded options that are also available from other beauty suppliers.

For the non strip wax beads these can be used in any size heater. The 500cc is fine but if you get busy with waxing you will find that it's not perhaps big enough.

I think when it comes to things like choice of heater, equipment etc we all have our own preference so you should get some good feedback which hopefully will help you to make your choice.

With analogue temperature control it depends of the heaters as some have a range of 1-6 , or 1-10 etc.. So I'm sure when you decide on the brand of heater you want to use then you will get some. advice on the best temperature for your wax. When I used to use an analogue wax heater I had the Hive one and the PR non strip waxes worked best at around 2.5 /2.75.

Hope that helps and good luck

Last edited:
On the subject of tin size and finding the right heater, we would like to inform you that Perron Rigot have increased the height of the tins slightly.

This change, which has been made for safety reasons, means the tins are much easier to remove from the heater and there is therefore a reduced risk of the wax being spilt when pots are changed over and of the therapist burning themselves on the hot wax pot.

The new tins fit perfectly in the Perron Rigot digital heater. It does mean that if you are using a Hive heater, the scraper bar will not be useable, but there are scraper bars which can be purchased separately via companies such as Your Salon Store

Latest posts

Back