Wax heater cord for car?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G-Mac

Reaction score
Does anyone heat their dual wax heater (I have a hive) in car from cigarette lighter and if so where did you get cord from? My heater is 450 watt and although I can get a 450 inverter it says most car lighters are 200 watt so not enough power and will probably blow my fuse in car.

I'd be willing to ignore all that if someone uses one! ;)

Hi Kim, I looked at this but only converts to 230v and my pot is 450 so it would blow fuse in car. I've seen one that goes to 300v, I may just buy it and try. The fuse it will blow will only be for my cigarette lighter which I never use anyway.
Looking into your suggestion of a salon though, only so long I can look like a pack donkey carrying bed and bags!

On an old thread someone suggested going yo a caravan shop and you can buy ones in there that do the job may be worth looking online?

Hi Kim, I looked at this but only converts to 230v and my pot is 450 so it would blow fuse in car. I've seen one that goes to 300v, I may just buy it and try. The fuse it will blow will only be for my cigarette lighter which I never use anyway.
Looking into your suggestion of a salon though, only so long I can look like a pack donkey carrying bed and bags!
That's me all over! Plug it in and wait for the bang. x

Latest posts

Back