Wax heaters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samanthaattard

Reaction score
Hi fellow waxers

I have a question regarding my wax pots . I am an outback organics and Lycon girl and was wondering if anyone has actually bought the outback organics duo heater or the Lycon heater ? I've always used my hive pots but I'm starting a new business and was wondering if I am better off with the branded pots or is it just a scam for me to spend more money with them ? Xxx

Hi fellow waxers

I have a question regarding my wax pots . I am an outback organics and Lycon girl and was wondering if anyone has actually bought the outback organics duo heater or the Lycon heater ? I've always used my hive pots but I'm starting a new business and was wondering if I am better off with the branded pots or is it just a scam for me to spend more money with them ? Xxx
Hello Samantha

First of all congratulations and wishing you good luck on your new venture.

I would recommend Lycon wax heater because it's very very quick in heating up the wax. Just make sure it's always on same digit and top it up as you go.

I've got 4 Hive 1000 digital pots on the go 24/7 and they are great.

I've got 4 Hive 1000 digital pots on the go 24/7 and they are great.
Hi there
Can I ask do you heat the wax containers in the hive heaters? I use lycon strip wax and looking for a heater I can place the pots directly into? X

Hi fellow waxers

Hi Samantha
I have the lycon heater for my hot wax and it is excellent, I've never used a hive one but thinking about getting one as I'm now using Lycon strip wax and I want to put the pot directly in the heater. I'm hoping someone can tell me if I can do this?

Hi there
Can I ask do you heat the wax containers in the hive heaters? I use lycon strip wax and looking for a heater I can place the pots directly into? X
Yes I put PR Mojito tin straight in the heater.

Lycon have bought out a new wax pot which is a duo heater which I actually purchased this week, it has removable inserts so you can purchase additional ones if you use more than two of their waxes. Lycon say that you can heat up the strip wax in a microwave then pour directly into the inserts which is handy.

Yes I put PR Mojito tin straight in the heater.

Hi Cloughers,
I just wanted to ask if you notice a bit of a gap between the tin of PR wax and the wall of the heater with yours? I think the gap can make it difficult to keep a consistent temperature. I also use a bucket for hot wax in the hive as I have two different ones I use and the bucket sits flush against the wall, however, it does start to set after sometime with the lid off (as I'm waxing). Do you think this is due to the extra layer it has to heat causing the temperatures to fluctuate a bit?
Thanks, I'm asking you as I know you use Hive heaters and PR wax.

I actually heat the Mojito in the tin and then tip it in a bucket. My hot wax doesn't set as I'm waxing and my lids are off. What temp do you have it on? Mind you it depends what waxing you're doing because I'm mostly Brazilians and Hollywoods and as one client leaves another arrives and I go through one pot in an hour and a half and I've got 3 hot wax heaters and one strip.

If your wax is in the tin and there's a gap, then you will need to turn your wax up but don't worry too much about what is says on the heater.......the trick is to know the consistency of your wax so that you don't rely solely on temperatures.

From one melted pot of hot wax, I get 8 Brazilian/Hollywoods with a bit left at the bottom.

If your wax is in the tin and there's a gap, then you will need to turn your wax up but don't worry too much about what is says on the heater.......the trick is to know the consistency of your wax so that you don't rely solely on temperatures.

From one melted pot of hot wax, I get 8 Brazilian/Hollywoods with a bit left at the bottom.
I'm still using too much then Kim as I reckon I only get about 6 from mine. Need to economise! [emoji8]

I actually heat the Mojito in the tin and then tip it in a bucket. My hot wax doesn't set as I'm waxing and my lids are off. What temp do you have it on? Mind you it depends what waxing you're doing because I'm mostly Brazilians and Hollywoods and as one client leaves another arrives and I go through one pot in an hour and a half and I've got 3 hot wax heaters and one strip.

The strip wax in the tins and the wax heater wall does have a rather large gap. I have my hot wax on 57, lower for intimate 4, around 54-55 but because I have the hot wax in buckets that go into the heater I do have to have them on a higher temp than if it was just poured into the heater. I think Kim is right and I need to increase the temp and assess the consistency rather than being focused too much on the number. I only have one Hive heater at the moment as I'm not a fully operational business yet so have to use buckets for different hot wax until I can decide on which I want to use all the time and strip wax in the tins for now. Thank you for your help.

Latest posts

Back