Wax help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am always helped immensely on here so thought best to post, I am new to beauty and recently qualified so still learning and trying different products but really struggling with waxing particularly bikini wax to the point I am ready to stop offering it so I wondered if anyone had any advice?

I have a dual hive wax heater and I am using hive sensitive hot wax for bikini and underarms - bikini I find it seems to get stuck at the sides and then leaves a sticky mess - I apply quite thickly, create a lip and get client to pull skin before removing but it never seems to remove smoothly - also find I end up sticking it to the tissue tucked into the underwear which then creates a bigger problem!!! Is there a better wax I can try?

The warm wax I use is salon system sensitive which is ok but I do find it leaves a sticky residue so again is there a better wax to try?

Thanks so much in advance :)

look at WAXU or Ashmira botanical, also the new hive range I think has been developed with Andy Roulland, so maybe worth trying that one as well x

Instead of tucking tissue into the sides of underwear get a piece of couch roll.... fold in several times lengthways so as you have a 'rope effect'. Get the client to thread the couch roll through one knicker leg, underneath the underwear and out of the other side of the knicker leg. Then tie the couch roll together to effectively pull the front of the underwear centrally and away from the knickerline. Hope this makes sense! That way you won't get wax stuck to tissue or the underwear which will make it all less stressful for you.

Forget the tissue. Just get the client to hold the underwear away from where you want to wax. Make sure they hold it an inch further away from where you want to wax so you have extra room.

Kim Lawless hot wax, Cockney Rebel, is fantastic. I don't need the client to pull anything. It comes off very well.

I've used the same warm wax. Are you removing it all with the wax strip or are there bits of wax left? An afterwax oil will stop any stickiness.

Were you trained in hot wax? Only asking because my college barely trained us in it. I went and did a hollywood/brazilian training later on and it was the best thing i ever did.

Latest posts

Back