Wax in the microwave?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HsarahH

Reaction score
Just a quick one. Can i stick a pot of salon systems just wax in the microwave to heat it faster than my heater would and then maintain the temperature in my heater?

Also, if i wanted to chose pellet wax or disks how would i use my salon systems digital heater as the metal part is not removable. I wondered if i need to by a tin to go in it but they dont seem to be the same shape. I usually have to put the whole pot straight into the heater rather than decant which i like the idea of as its much less mess!

Thank you in advance!

Just a quick one. Can i stick a pot of salon systems just wax in the microwave to heat it faster than my heater would and then maintain the temperature in my heater?

Also, if i wanted to chose pellet wax or disks how would i use my salon systems digital heater as the metal part is not removable. I wondered if i need to by a tin to go in it but they dont seem to be the same shape. I usually have to put the whole pot straight into the heater rather than decant which i like the idea of as its much less mess!

Thank you in advance!
I have never microwaved wax before.. so I dont know if you can. I imagine that like most things you microwave there is a risk of hot spots...if others heat it like this than maybe you can see how they do it..

Does your digital heater not have a fast heat mode? The Hive digital one has so you can blast it, then set it to your working temp and let it cool down before you use it..

Im not familar with the Salon System heater, with Hive you can buy extra buckets that slot in to the heater so you can decant pellets etc directly into these, they have a 500cc and a l000cc size to cope with the large and small heater. If you call up your supplier , where you purchased your heater they will tell you what you can do for heating up the wax pellets etc...

HTH Jack

Hi,

Yeah you can but don't keep it in too long do 30 secs and keep checking.

You could also buy the wax pot inserts that you can just decant it all in one insert and change it around to whatever your using.

Louise x

you can but u gota be careful! if i were u id still to traditional non micro method!!

I done this and my wax pot split right off at the bottom maybe I done it too Many times was a bit of mess lol!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Thank you for your replies.

It does have a "fast heat" in that you can turn it up to 9 but with a full pot it can still take upto an hour for warm wax to melt down. Then once its ready i set it at 5-6 where it maintains the temp.

I went to Capital this morning as this is where i purchased the heater after doing a waxing course with them. I was told by training solutions who ran the course that this is the best heater to use as you can just change the pots. So i asked for a tub of hot wax as i have since been trained in this. But they looked on the system and said it had been discontinued. Salon systems apparently now only sell the disks and pellet which you would decant.... but into what im not sure as there is no metal tin with the heater or that you can buy sepratley. The manager suggested I do what she does which is line the heater with tin foil! I wasnt keen on this and the best idea i can come up with is to re-use an old warm wax tub and try it that way but its not ideal.

If anyone is interested this is the heater i have...and now wish i didnt!

Salon System Just Wax Compact Professional Wax Starter Kit

I done this and my wax pot split right off at the bottom maybe I done it too Many times was a bit of mess lol!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I was giving the microwave a go.... then read your reply and went to remove it immediately!

Thank you for your replies.

It does have a "fast heat" in that you can turn it up to 9 but with a full pot it can still take upto an hour for warm wax to melt down. Then once its ready i set it at 5-6 where it maintains the temp.

I went to Capital this morning as this is where i purchased the heater after doing a waxing course with them. I was told by training solutions who ran the course that this is the best heater to use as you can just change the pots. So i asked for a tub of hot wax as i have since been trained in this. But they looked on the system and said it had been discontinued. Salon systems apparently now only sell the disks and pellet which you would decant.... but into what im not sure as there is no metal tin with the heater or that you can buy sepratley. The manager suggested I do what she does which is line the heater with tin foil! I wasnt keen on this and the best idea i can come up with is to re-use an old warm wax tub and try it that way but its not ideal.

If anyone is interested this is the heater i have...and now wish i didnt!

Salon System Just Wax Compact Professional Wax Starter Kit
Shame they have stopped selling the tubs of hot wax..That would have been the safest and easiest option for that system.

Sounds like you may have to play around with some options to see what works best for you.. I would def avoid the tin foil option.. what next boil in the bag!!..lol..

In the longer term you might need to buy another heater which will allow a bit more flexibliity between changing waxes/wax pots...

Hth Jack

Shame they have stopped selling the tubs of hot wax..That would have been the safest and easiest option for that system.

Sounds like you may have to play around with some options to see what works best for you.. I would def avoid the tin foil option.. what next boil in the bag!!..lol..

In the longer term you might need to buy another heater which will allow a bit more flexibliity between changing waxes/wax pots...

Hth Jack

I think you're right. Since I have added Waxing it has very quickly become my most popular treatment so I do feel it is worth investing in. Could you recommend a heater, and wax? Hot and warm. I know that most people seem to like the Hive heaters and the Perron Rigot wax. Do you buy these items from the suppliers? I currently work as a mobile therapist and plan to open a small salon in the future so cant imagine I would need a large heater.

Thank you again for your advice, it really is appreciated! :hug:

Latest posts

Back