Wax inside my wax pot how to clean?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just got my other wax heater out and have found I have wax inside the metal pot (as opposed to inside the wax tin).

I have some hive wax cleaner spray, do you think this will clean it up? I have got the majority of the wax out by scraping it, so do you think the wax cleaner will do the job or do you think my wax heater is knackered?

I don't want to leave it like this as it will heat up and maybe ruin the heater anyway and it will also get on the outsides of my wax tin.

Is it just a case of elbow grease and wax cleaner? :rolleyes:

Thanks

Sarah. xx

Pop some Sally's Seraclean in a spray bottle and spray onto a slightly warm heater. Leave it on for 5 mins before using spare couch roll to remove. Be very careful not to burn yourself!

Perron Rigot offer a similar solvent too.

For those tough brown stains on the metal bits - clean cold with Acetone on a pad.

hth? Jason.

Quite by accident we found out that non-acetone varnish remover is a brilliant wax cleaner. I dropped a varnish bottle on the floor and used it to clean up. To my amazement it also cleaned up the wax that had been dripped on the floor. Our wax pot was in an awful state so we had a go at cleaning it with the non-acteone. It came up like new and it didn't take any elbow grease. Makes you wonder what it does to nails!

Hi guys,

I have just got my other wax heater out and have found I have wax inside the metal pot (as opposed to inside the wax tin).

I have some hive wax cleaner spray, do you think this will clean it up? I have got the majority of the wax out by scraping it, so do you think the wax cleaner will do the job or do you think my wax heater is knackered?

I don't want to leave it like this as it will heat up and maybe ruin the heater anyway and it will also get on the outsides of my wax tin.

Is it just a case of elbow grease and wax cleaner? :rolleyes:

Thanks

Sarah. xx

I use nail polish remover to clean my wax heater and any spills on my trolley. It dulls the plastic a bit , but you can buff it up with a tiny bit of oil if necessary.

Inside my wax pot i turn the pot on let the wax melt abit and use wax cleaner mixed with a little baby oil. I wipe with couch roll or kitchen towel.
I often use wax cleaner and baby oil to clean any spills. Problem is if you clean of a floor you need to wash over it as people will slip on the oil.

Greta .. Good tip re-non acetone, i'm going to try that for any spills. Be alot easier than how i was cleaning spills. x

Problem is if you clean of a floor you need to wash over it as people will slip on the oil.

You don't need oil if you use Seraclean or the PR solvent. Just make sure you mop up properly!

You don't need oil if you use Seraclean or the PR solvent. Just make sure you mop up properly!

I need to put in an order for PR wax. I'll get the slovent and try it x :)

I turned my pot on then turned it upside down onto some cling film On a heat proof surface to catch the wax then wiped it with wax remover once it was cool enough to wipe but still warm.

Latest posts

Back