Wax kit for beginner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hello,
Im qualified for waxing (with my level 2 beauty qualification) but as I’ve always been mobile I didn’t offer waxing, I am now setting up in a treatment room and would like to add waxing to my treatments. I was thinking of offering the service to clients at a reduced price while I practice.
Can anyone suggest a wax kit for a beginner and if you’ve got any tips for starting out with waxing, it would be very much appreciated, thank you x

I would advise a double pot or two pots. The 500cc heaters run out constantly so I always have the next one on the go warning up. I had the just wax single pot as a beginner and it and their waxes are totally beginner friendly. The water dispersive wax especially but the creme ones are good. The best ones are hive, but don’t get the Neos (or something odd name), because I’ve got it and it looks brilliant but has a fault where the inside leaks straight onto the dial so you can’t turn it when it’s cold so doesn’t heat up.

Practice your twiddling the wax stick so you carry it while twiddling and not dripping.

Bring the wax pot on the trolley to the client rather than walking up and down. I have a tall, narrow trolley for my pot which is not really wide enough to carry products aswell but it’s much easier than the wide one to manoeuvre around the couch.

I hook up an extension lead and wrap it around the trolley so you can’t see it.

Have a bin right next to you.. preferably attached to the trolley. It’s so simple but when I first started I couldn’t figure out why one persons wax wax filling up a full huge dustbin bag as I was tying it to the trolley. One of them was mortified how much hair is got off her. It wasn’t that, wax is sticky and It will fit the space the bag is in so the ikea small bins that hook onto the trolley are really useful.

Other than that...stretch on and stretch off. Protect with oil and always have aftercare ready for them to take home so they aren’t sore.

Act like you da boss and you know exactly what you are doing until you do. You will pick up speed over time.

Was there anything more particular you’d like to know?

I would advise a double pot or two pots. The 500cc heaters run out constantly so I always have the next one on the go warning up. I had the just wax single pot as a beginner and it and their waxes are totally beginner friendly. The water dispersive wax especially but the creme ones are good. The best ones are hive, but don’t get the Neos (or something odd name), because I’ve got it and it looks brilliant but has a fault where the inside leaks straight onto the dial so you can’t turn it when it’s cold so doesn’t heat up.

Practice your twiddling the wax stick so you carry it while twiddling and not dripping.

Bring the wax pot on the trolley to the client rather than walking up and down. I have a tall, narrow trolley for my pot which is not really wide enough to carry products aswell but it’s much easier than the wide one to manoeuvre around the couch.

I hook up an extension lead and wrap it around the trolley so you can’t see it.

Have a bin right next to you.. preferably attached to the trolley. It’s so simple but when I first started I couldn’t figure out why one persons wax wax filling up a full huge dustbin bag as I was tying it to the trolley. One of them was mortified how much hair is got off her. It wasn’t that, wax is sticky and It will fit the space the bag is in so the ikea small bins that hook onto the trolley are really useful.

Other than that...stretch on and stretch off. Protect with oil and always have aftercare ready for them to take home so they aren’t sore.

Act like you da boss and you know exactly what you are doing until you do. You will pick up speed over time.

Was there anything more particular you’d like to know?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write that reply, That’s great and lots of good info. Its been a while since I trained so I’ve been watching YouTube videos on application etc, I’d been thinking Hive and Just wax to start with so will go with those and get practising and yeh I like the sound of acting like da boss haha, thanks again x

Latest posts

Back