Wax leaked all over Maximist spray tan unit! Advice please!! :-(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovebeauty14

Reaction score
Hey, was just searching through my chest for an reed defuser when I found a wax had leaked all over the chest including my spray tanning machine.
Does anyone have any advice on how to remove it efficiently? Fabric strip and sera clean just isn't cutting the mustard.

Think I need an alcoholic drink....
*cries* ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334521176.064438.jpg

I've had similar I soaked cotton wool in wax cleaner and left it on for a whole then carefully scraped any difficult bits off with a wooden spatula, hope this works for you x

I'd say acetone though may take colour of machine. Other option may be if your freezer is empty could you put matching into chest and when wax is solid/frozen it would be easy to scrap off . Good luck 😥😥

Thanks.
I'm trying the hair dryer on it and it seems to be coming off slowly with it getting warm.
Stupid wax. Think I'm gonna switch completely to hard wax! Lol.

Try eucalypt oil, put some in water and sprinkle over waxed areas leave for a bit n wipe off, works a treat. Alternatively I use a wax solvent I purchased from Lycon! It's brilliant and quicker than eucalyptus. These are not as abrasive like acetones etc good luck!

Did it come off ok? X

Yes! Thankyou.
I still have my spray tan hose to do yet, I'm doing that tonight but it looks mega awkward! It's all in the bendy bits. :-(

Scrape as much off first with a spatula or orange stick,in those small crevices. Then use lots of surgical spirit on a wax strip.

It takes time and effort but with patience you will get it all off,hose and all.

If you know anyone with a steam cleaner ( the type you clean your carpet with) that's what I get it of my floor tiles and spilt a whole tub over my patio doors the plastic part comes off easily xxx

Right still haven't done it! Lol.
I WILL do it tomorrow night.

Latest posts

Back