Wax not coming off!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devonnaydf

Reaction score
I have been waxing my bikini/private area for years and I always run into this problem. I use a hard wax and when I apply the wax and go to rip it off, some wax comes off, the rest stays on my skin.
This has become a big nuisance to me! I've tried using a creme wax and a film wax to get rid of this problem. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I use muslin strips to pull the wax off. I pull the skin as taunt as I can before pulling the strip. I don't know if its because I'm applying the wax to thick or thin, or if I'm not letting it set long enough. Please help, I can't go too long with wax stuck to my private area!
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

I have been waxing my bikini/private area for years and I always run into this problem. I use a hard wax and when I apply the wax and go to rip it off, some wax comes off, the rest stays on my skin.
This has become a big nuisance to me! I've tried using a creme wax and a film wax to get rid of this problem. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I use muslin strips to pull the wax off. I pull the skin as taunt as I can before pulling the strip. I don't know if its because I'm applying the wax to thick or thin, or if I'm not letting it set long enough. Please help, I can't go too long with wax stuck to my private area!

Maybe too thick? Is your skin completely dry as I find when doing my own, I get a bit hot a sticky which makes the wax dry at different times leaving some stuck. If this is the case I pick it off lifting the edges with some tweezers. I know your not supposed to and I WOULDNT advise for clients or sensitive skins but I have used a bit of the wax remover cleaner mixed with the after wax cream to remove (naughty but ive never had a reaction and only a small amount mixed)

I'm really confused, are you using strip wax or hot wax?

It sounded like you're using hot wax (letting it set) but hot wax is removed by hand not with strips?

I'm really confused, are you using strip wax or hot wax?

It sounded like you're using hot wax (letting it set) but hot wax is removed by hand not with strips?

Yeah I just realised that unless they mean they've tried strips too? OP, if your using hot/warm wax it needs to be thicker than strip wax and pulled off not using strips? Maybe clarify?

I'm using a hot stripless wax, but I find I pull more wax off if I use a muslin strip. I know I shouldn't use strips with hot stripless wax but I find it easier to remove the wax From myself with a strip. I actually use Gigi Brazilian hard wax. I've tried applying it thin and thick but it still doesn't always come off. Its so frustrating when it doesn't and painful. I clean and dry the area before applying the wax. I've even used the pre epilating oil for hard wax without success. I hope I don't get into an accident anytime soon, because it the hospital takes my pants off they are gonna think something is seriously wrong with me lol!

I'm using a hot stripless wax, but I find I pull more wax off if I use a muslin strip. I know I shouldn't use strips with hot stripless wax but I find it easier to remove the wax From myself with a strip. I actually use Gigi Brazilian hard wax. I've tried applying it thin and thick but it still doesn't always come off. Its so frustrating when it doesn't and painful. I clean and dry the area before applying the wax. I've even used the pre epilating oil for hard wax without success. I hope I don't get into an accident anytime soon, because it the hospital takes my pants off they are gonna think something is seriously wrong with me lol!

Are you letting it set long enough before pulling it off by hand? If its set, i don't see why it wouldn't come off if you have use the oil under it?!
I don't think it will be very effective using strips with hot wax hun. Have you done any training in hot wax? Do you use hot wax on clients? It it ok on them? (20 questions lol) xxx

Ok the problem is trying to remove non strip wax with strips! Maybe change wax or find a good waxer to do it for you.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Defo change wax to a slightly creamier one, Gigi goes very hard quite quickly and it's like cement to get off unless you time it right, not good if your doing yourself.

Latest posts

Back