Wax not sticking to strips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RD Beauty

Reaction score
I have been doing eyebrows etc for 8 years, yesterday I had two eyebrow clients in and both time the wax was not sticking to the strips. Can anyone shed any light as to what could be causing this? Thanks x

Was the wax or the client cold? This can sometimes stop the wax from adhereing

I have seen it on the lower legs before when clients have got cold feet but normally not on the brows.
Silly question but have you checked the temperature of the wax? (dont hit me) Sometimes if your wax pot is fuller it takes a while to heat through to the right temperature. (you have probably checked this anyway) x

Hmm it could have been the weather but it stuck to their skin just not the strip. Maybe my room was a little too cold?

I have never experienced that on the brows but could it be the wax you are using? Maybe contact the supplier as they might have an idea?

Hmm I have had this pot for around 6 months as I only do facial waxing. It happens really randomly on the same client some parts are fine others a nightmare I’m really stumped. Surely if it was a product, temperate problem it would happen on the entire area? ‍♀️x

Yes its really strange especially if it only happens with this one client and only randomly? Not sure if it helps as you might prefer to use soft wax but have you tried hard wax as you dont have to worry about using a strip then?x

Just an idea but...
If the client has patches of dryness, this will dry out the wax so it becomes less sticky.
If this is a possible reason, then use a less dehydrating pre-wax cleanser e.g. Toner, plus apply a little light moisturiser (the sort you'd use for oily skin types), then apply the wax.

The wax is sticking to the clients but sometimes not the strips. Been fine for months it’s just the past 3 clients it’s happened with. It’s just really random i don’t know how to fix it if I can’t find out why it’s happening [emoji85]x

The wax is sticking to the clients but sometimes not the strips. Been fine for months it’s just the past 3 clients it’s happened with. It’s just really random i don’t know how to fix it if I can’t find out why it’s happening [emoji85]x

Perhaps I should have added to my previous post.... that if the skin is dry under wax it will dehydrate the wax - this means the wax becomes less sticky to attach to the strip.
It's a problem you often see when waxing legs with very dry skin.

The other reason could be that the wax has been heated up too many times. Refill your pot with a completely fresh batch and see if that helps.

Ah I see hmm it didn’t seem dry but who knows I’m baffled [emoji50]

Will give it a try x

I’m off to buy a new pot of wax now. Hopefully this will help. Thank you for all of your expertise xx

Latest posts

Back