Wax on all the time?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacqueline

Reaction score
A quick question please, search facility didn't find what I was looking for.

For salon/home based therapists, do you leave your wax/pot on 24/7?

I also work from home - I use digital wax heaters and I turn these on about an hour before I need them and turn them off at the end of the day.
When I used the analogue wax heaters I had them on timers so they can on and off to fit in with my working hours..
Jack

I turn mine on about 15 minutes before I need it and after I finish waxing for the day. If I have a gap between waxing I will turn it off and then on again before the next client arrives. It is no hassle doing this and every bit of electricity saved at the moment is money saved. I find once the wax has been heated through it only takes a few minutes to get it back up to temperature. :cool:

I have all my pots on timers which come on at 7am and go off at 8pm.

If I am later than 8 I manually override it.

Jacqui xx

Thanks guys.

I asked as I am finding a new passion for waxing and have extended our services, bought a whole new bunch of PR waxes and was just thinking about leaving the pots on 24/7 with thermostat on low overnight.

Maybe the answer is timed pots as Jacqui mentioned as all the pots (3) we have are just on thermostats, and I put them on full first thing to they melt the various waxes to consistency and then lower them for during the day til ready to use them and adjust accordingly and currently turn them off when we close but I am debating whether to leave them on lowest setting overnight.

From a safety point of view this should be OK in theory, shouldn't burn too much electric but I am a bit of a worrier at times and wouldn't want to burn the place down!!!!!!!!

Thinking the same about my paraffin wax, it's just easier if it is ready when we come in without having to come in way earlier to get it ready sort of thing.

Last edited:
Got mine on timers which I bought from maplins. It can be programmed for every day so it's on 6am until 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am until 4pm Saturday and off Sunday.

have left mine on 24/7 for last 11 years. Am salon based and dont get into work with enough time to heat pots up (I know - should get up earlier lol). Also, with the salon set up, my pots are on a shelf with the plug sockets directly behind them, so the timers would take up too much room to then be able to put wax pots in front of them iykwim, but I would have timers if i could. hth

Latest posts

Back