Wax pot

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigers-mummy

Reaction score
I have ruined my wax pot (knocked the box over after just filling it up and its gone all over the wire and plug). Does anyone know any good wax pot you can put wax directly in without needing to decant it in? I am lookin to use perron rigot after reading great reviews

Hi, check out the GiGi range, they have all different sorts - might find what you need there, x

I use phd .. It's fantastic much better than a wax pot and more hygienic :)

If your using Perron Rigot I always recommend a Hive 1000cc heater. The PR tins are great as they have heatproof snap on rubbery lids you can put on while the wax is hot. So no spills!

If your using Perron Rigot I always recommend a Hive 1000cc heater. The PR tins are great as they have heatproof snap on rubbery lids you can put on while the wax is hot. So no spills!

Can you put tins straight in this one? xx

Perron Rigot heaters are great but they don't have an inner bucket with a wipe bar for you to wipe your spatula on, so that means you can only put a can of wax inside.

Hive 1000cc heaters are great.

Perron Rigot heaters are great but they don't have an inner bucket with a wipe bar for you to wipe your spatula on, so that means you can only put a can of wax inside.

Hive 1000cc heaters are great.

Kim how do you decant your wax do you heat it in the mircrowave first? And how do you clean out the left overs before refilling?

With PR waxes you don't decant them, you put the tin of warm wax directly into the heater. This applies to either the PR heater or the Hive 1000cc heaters.

I have a Salon System digital heater which you can put the pot of wax straight in, you don't need to tip the wax out. So much easier. :)

With PR waxes you don't decant them, you put the tin of warm wax directly into the heater. This applies to either the PR heater or the Hive 1000cc heaters.

Just the answer i was looking for! Thanks everyone! Xx

Does that mean you cant use PR strip wax without a 1000 wax heater? I am wanting to swap to PR but have 500 wax heaters.

i use tubes wax, so much easier that using a wax pot. no mess and much more hygienic.

Does that mean you cant use PR strip wax without a 1000 wax heater? I am wanting to swap to PR but have 500 wax heaters.

I think I read somewhere that you can still use a 500cc but you need to buy the wax beads rather than the tin... I would double check though incase I am wrong xx

I will check that out - thanks. I dont want to invest in the wax if I cant use it!!

i use tubes wax, so much easier that using a wax pot. no mess and much more hygienic.

It's not really more hygienic so long as your don't double dip... :) and with pots you can use the waxes from PR, Berins and Lycon - which most would argue are the best in the market :) I think tubes and rollers have their place (especially if you are mobile) but I personally prefer my pot (I was a firm roller fan after I trained - then I found Berins LOL) and spatula - I have far more detail control over my wax and I like that :)

Jewel - I don't know enough about PR to tell you what they fit in but Berins Ease (cream wax) fits in the 500cc :) I have my strip wax in the 500 and my non strip in my 1000cc :)

Now that sounds like the answer to my problem - thanks so much Tinxy. Have been toying with Berins and PR so perhaps warm wax from Berins and non strip from PR!!

I decant my PR waxes into the wax bucket on the Hive 1000cc.

You can decant these PR waxes into any sized wax heater that you want. I have an old wax heater that I use to melt my PR tins of wax and then I top up the wax heaters that are on my trolley. I prefer to use the scraper bar so decant my wax into the wax buckets. Lots of therapists decant the wax into whatever sized heater they prefer.

Jack

Thanks Jack for your reply, do you have to heat the strip wax before you can get it out the tin? Or is it pourable. Perhaps you could let me know

Sophie x

Hi Sophie,
Yes you will need to melt it first. I have an old wax heater that In use to keep back up waxes so I just melt in this and top up my working pots from this. For me I like to use the wax like this. PR waxes are quite solid so needs to be melted to pour. Some waxes can be placed upside down above the wax heater and the heat from the heater will soften the wax and it drops into the heater , but I have always found this messy and time consuming process.

HTH Jack

Latest posts

Back