Wax Pots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julieanne27uk

Reaction score
Hello!

Listed this in nail forum originally, but then it just dawned on me that here is probably a better place! Hope someone can help me.

I've just bought myself a lovely new wax heater from Hive which it says I can put the pot/jar of wax straight into.:) Unfortunately, the chocolate wax and strawberry wax I have ordered comes in a plastic bag!

Can you buy empty pots suitable for putting directly into the heater with the paraffin wax in? Or does anyone know what kind of tub I can use. I don't want to just use any old pot or jar I have incase it melts and ruins my shiney new heater. As I have two different flavours of wax, I don't want to put it directly into the heater either or I won't be able to change flavours.

Thanks
Julie x :)

You can buy inserts to go inside the heater for you to put your wax into,
these can be bought all over the place, hive probably have one of their own as will most companies,
and Sally's sell them too hth

Most wax heaters have inserts that you can buy,for instance mine does and I used to have one for paraffin wax(do t do these treatments anymore as use heated mitts and booties)and one for warm wax.

They aren't cheap though but why not use an old plastic wax container that is empty,heat your new wax up in microwave then pour into empty plastic pot,save you a few pounds.(make sure you dont over heat the wax in microwave though and stir regularly so no heat spots.Dosn't take long at all,hth.

Just a quick caution Julieanne - what size Hive heater do you have? Also, is it one of the white ones or does it have a purple/green lid? If you have either of the white Hive heaters you can certainly purchase spare metal buckets, but please be careful if you place a plastic tub directly into the large 1000cc size at higher temperatures as it will melt if left for too long at a high temp (this is my personal experience, I don't know if anyone else has had this happen to them, lol)! The smaller 500cc doesn't seem to have this problem.

Hello!

Thanks for the replies! :)

I've got the 800cc heater with the purple lid. It said it was suitable for all types of wax and you can put the tubs of wax directly into it. Unfortunately I've bought chocolate wax and strawberry wax, but none of it came in a tub/container!

As you said happened to you Axiom, I was bit worried that if I find a tub or jar at home somewhere that it might melt in the heater and ruin it. I was thinking of buying some wax in a pot and emptying it out, but I'd need two empty ones and then not sure what i'd do with the wax i'd have to empty out! I've searched all of my beauty and nail catalogues for empty plastic wax tubs, but no one seems to sell them :confused:

Hello!

Thanks for the replies! :)

I've got the 800cc heater with the purple lid. It said it was suitable for all types of wax and you can put the tubs of wax directly into it. Unfortunately I've bought chocolate wax and strawberry wax, but none of it came in a tub/container!

As you said happened to you Axiom, I was bit worried that if I find a tub or jar at home somewhere that it might melt in the heater and ruin it. I was thinking of buying some wax in a pot and emptying it out, but I'd need two empty ones and then not sure what i'd do with the wax i'd have to empty out! I've searched all of my beauty and nail catalogues for empty plastic wax tubs, but no one seems to sell them :confused:

Hi Julieanne,

I've not used the 800cc heater as it's one of their newer pieces of equipment, but Hive do state it is okay to place a plastic tub directly into the unit on their website so it should be fine. Also, paraffin wax melts at a lower temperature than depilatory wax.

Perhaps it's worth contacting them directly to ask about spare buckets or empty tubs? Their website is Welcome to Hive of Beauty and they've always been very helpful whenever I'm spoken to them in the past.

I can point you in the direction of where to find empty metal tins from another company, but I don't know if they will fit in the 800cc heater.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice!

I've emailed Hive to ask them if they sell empty pots or if they can advise what sort of pot is suitable.:)

Latest posts

Back