Wax Residue? how to get it off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worthit

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was just wondering about the bits of wax at the end of a treatment:rolleyes: how do you all get these off? do you use your strip to get every single bit of wax off or does it come off with the after wax cream?

Thanks in advance for any help you have:)

Kate x

I use Aftercair Free Oil from Susan Molyneux, but I'm sure others will let you know what they use.

I use Aftercair Free Oil from Susan Molyneux, but I'm sure others will let you know what they use.

I have tea tree wax aftercare will this get the residue off too?:)

Thanks for your reply

Kate xx

Most waxing systems have a wax remover that is for the residue on skin at the end of your treatment hth

I just massage a bit of jasmine oil over the area (the oil I put under the wax to start with) then get a clean strip and stretch the skin again while rubbing the strip over the area which picks up any residue stickiness and saves the client getting their clothes fluff stuck to the bits of wax left.

:hug:

Hi,

Thanks for your replys must get some jasmin oil then what about tea trea? would thsi be ok to use to would it get the wax off?:) or do you need a proper remover?

Thanks

Kate x

If you buy Perron Rigot from either Thalgo or Beauty Express then it will be easy enough to order some Jasmine Oil but tbh, you can use any brand, they all do the same job. I have used Jasmine Oil but I currently use the Susan Molyneux one, same as LBR.. but oil is oil to some degree. I would avoid anything too heavy but it works as a solvent so the brand is not really important.

any after wax oil will remove the stcky residue hun. apply the oil, give it a quick massage over the skin, and then you can use a strip to rub off any bits of wax (wont break up like cotton wool) BUT try and prevent getting sticky clumps by removing all the wax to start with!! then just use the oil to make sure they dont feel sticky!! if you get me?! :D

You can buy any after wax oil, you will find it all does the same job xx

Hi,

Thanks for your replys must get some jasmin oil then what about tea trea? would thsi be ok to use to would it get the wax off?:) or do you need a proper remover?

Thanks

Kate x

Any oil would do it ... I use Jasmine as this is the oil I put on the skin prior to applying the wax. :hug:

Also try putting talc on the area 1st....i find this helps!

Also try putting talc on the area 1st....i find this helps!

Aaaaargghh Talc is evil!!! Try putting a wee drop oil under your wax instead of talc and i bet you'll be converted xxx

Strips of cellophane. Just rub it over the area where you've used strip wax and it lifts all of the residue. Brilliant. xxx

Strips of cellophane. Just rub it over the area where you've used strip wax and it lifts all of the residue. Brilliant. xxx

Do you mean cellotape?

Kate x

oil works a treat, followed by stretching the skin and removing any excess with a clean wax strip.
cling film not heard this one for wax removale have scene it on the tv the other day to put over freshly applied polish to stop the polish from smudging, this i thought was strange, but apparently it works guys. It was done on a foot model, did any one else see itxxx

cling film not heard this one for wax removale have scene it on the tv the other day to put over freshly applied polish to stop the polish from smudging, this i thought was strange, but apparently it works guys. It was done on a foot model, did any one else see itxxx

It's not cling film! It's the firm plastic stuff that goes round flowers and presents. Or on the front of toys & doughnut boxes so you can see the items inside. Cling film would just wrinkle up if you rubbed down a leg...

It's not cling film! It's the firm plastic stuff that goes round flowers and presents. Or on the front of toys & doughnut boxes so you can see the items inside. Cling film would just wrinkle up if you rubbed down a leg...

Lol, i thought this was a rather strange thing to do, surely this could work out less cost effective, when the oil and strip can do the same thing. Or are the results to a more high standard by using this method

Lol, i thought this was a rather strange thing to do, surely this could work out less cost effective, when the oil and strip can do the same thing. Or are the results to a more high standard by using this method

I have absolutely no idea as i've never tried it, i just use oil and massage the wax off. If i do this with a glove on it tends to lift the wax quite well so could be the same idea.

i was only informing you of what Kim meant and saving you from wrapping your clients in cling film x

i was only informing you of what Kim meant and saving you from wrapping your clients in cling film x

LoL:lol::lol::lol: Could u imagine now that would be a site

Latest posts

Back