Wax temperature

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sophiechap

Reaction score
Does anyone know if room temperature affects the temp of wax? I use creme wax and always test on myself first, usually on Number 6 and have had it a few months, as it’s been summer I’ve had the window open however now it’s getting cooler I no longer have the window open and wax feels more hot / stingy when I test it? Could this be the reason why? I have the same amount of wax as I’ve bought a new tub so it can’t be that. Thank you

Yes, during the hot summer weeks I have to adjust the temperature setting on my heater (slightly lower).
I also find the wax stays stickier on the client's skin because they themselves are warmer when they arrive for their treatment. Doing smaller sections solves this.

I m the same, if its hot or you work in a conservatory or summer house you will find that the wax will set slower in the summer as the air and also your clients skin is warmer. Your pot and how full it is can also change the temperature or how the wax behaves so if your wax pot is getting empty you might have to adjust the temperature or top it up x

Latest posts

Back