Wax types

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmadorney

Reaction score
Hi I’m looking to get back in to beauty after a few years out , I’m thinking of doing a waxing refresher course so any info would be great on that also what types of wax do people use ?? I’m thinking of just keeping to normal warm wax as I was never keen on hot wax! Also what % of clients for a freelance therapist would be waxing ?

I use a hard wax (non strip) for the sensitive areas and the soft wax (strip wax) for the larger areas like legs etc. I know traditionally they were called warm and hot wax but the new generation waxes (polymer based) dont need to be "hot" so there is no risk of burning as the wax is only about 5 degrees warmer than the body temperature and it makes a huge difference to clients x

I use 98% warm wax method and have used it for 37 years. Odd occasions like today I have done a mobile so I take my small microwaveable pot of brow wax with me. It cools in a jiffy so no spillage on the way back home. No strips needed either. Less for " mrs forgetful " to forget, lol.
I did train with both types of wax so I am confident with both. I would not consider changing permanently to hot wax now as it has given me a steady income and my clients are very happy. My speed is very good., so you will benefit from a little extra hands on training i am sure.
Percentage of waxing is difficult to work out, but if you do every client that walks through your door a brow wax at least , then that will give a good idea of earning potential. Is that what you mean ?
Hope you find a suitable course
Best of luck

I think if you only use strip wax you are really limiting your clients/income. I trained with Kim Lawless 6 years ago and I only do intimate waxing with hot/non strip wax. I have a whole business with no other services based on that training. Using strip wax for anything other than large areas, legs/backs etc is really old fashioned these days and more painful for the clients. People are getting wise to it and ask for hot wax, especially if they’ve had a bad Brazilian with strip wax (which many have..) I’ve never put strip wax anywhere near anyone’s bikini area and never would!

Latest posts

Back