Waxers: What aftercare products retail best?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliebee

Reaction score
As the title suggests, I want to retail aftercare products for my waxing clients.

What do you suggest.

Do you recommend different products for male & female clients?

Thanks guys x

Austrailian Bodycare is defantly the best aftercare for waxing and can be used as a body moisturiser aswell, is great for men and women and smells amazing, the whole austrailian bodycare range is brilliant, it never stays on the shelf for long retails very quickly!!.:smack:

Last edited:
Elaine,
I only offer male waxing and I do retail some aftercare products as part of their maintainance.

I like tea tree products as its a nice clean fresh range and they generally appeal to the male market.

I have tried retailing lots of different products but found that I ended up with products that I could not sell and gave these away in the end. So now I offer three aftercare products, a skin wash ( shower wash), a body lotion and my exfoliating cloths.

I believe this is enough for most clients and if there are clients that are prone to ingrown hairs etc then I make recommendations as to what they should use and where they can get these products from, often the simple remedies work best for ingrown hairs.

I offer my retail in two sizes so that people can try the smaller size first and also if a client has already spent £50-60 on a waxing treatment they really dont want to spend a whole load more....

My aftercare card also lists high street options for those that can not afford to purchase the products at the time..

I use PR waxes and they have two really lovely aftercare products the refreshing gel and the moisturising milk which may suit female clients as part of their aftercare..

Hth Jack

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll look at Australian Bodycare.

Jack, can I ask what brand of teatree products you retail? I love the idea of also suggesting a high street brand to offer a cheaper alternative. What do you suggest for this?

Thanks, I'll look at Australian Bodycare.

Jack, can I ask what brand of teatree products you retail? I love the idea of also suggesting a high street brand to offer a cheaper alternative. What do you suggest for this?
Elaine,

At the moment I use Outback Organics tea tree range.

For high street alternatives the Dr Organic tea tree range from Holland and Barrett is very good, its also organic and paraben free etc and they offer a shower wash and a body lotion in the range.

Tea Tree Products - Dr Organic Skincare Products

Jack

I recommend exfoliating with A Bit Of Rough - Japanese Style Wash Cloth and to moisturise with any lotion or baby oil. A lot of my clients ask me if they can purchase the Perron Rigot oils and moisture milk that I use but I don't retail at the moment. My clients have great results with this combination.

Last edited:
Outback Organics without a doubt.

Think Australian Bodycare but better! No parabens and new products that no other company produces ... Bush balm for intimate bits and post way spray for the body. How can a guy apply a lotion to his own back easily? A spray on the other hand that works wonders gets huge sales.

And the packaging is a lot nicer then Australians in my view.

Mat

Thanks everyone.

Some good suggestions for me to look into

E x

I have been using Australian Bodycare for the last 20 years and this product is 2nd to none.

I have tried Outback organics and have always gone back to Australian bodycare as this seems more of a professional range and always has amazing results.

The retail products are extremely popular with clients and they always come back for more! They have a good following of loyal clients and customers take a look at their website for testimonals:

Australian Bodycare Trade Website | Testimonials

:D

Latest posts

Back