Waxers - Which type of wax do you use for your treatments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADiva1

Reaction score
Just thought I'd find out which wax you waxers use on your clients.

I presently use Hive of beauty warm wax for legs, bikini, and underarm waxing.

For facial hair, especially very strong hair, I use Salon Systems hot wax in the tub.... This is espeically great on West Indian an Asian hair which is really strong.

Do you use creme wax, or any other wax?

It would be good to know whats out there that I can try!.

Thanks. X

My friend is an expert waxer and she's Turkish so she understands the problems of difficult to remove hair. She only uses the honey wax from Salon Services. x

This seems like a very similar thread to another...but still.

I use Cetuem warm wax (liquid hair remover as they call it) and have recently started using their hot wax as well for smaller areas.

I use strip sugar and honey wax.

River

Cream wax from sallys, cant remember the make i am afraid....they do tea tree as well not used that though.

Could be mercia?

Amb x

I usually always use Honey wax - what ever brand is cheapest from Salon services and love it. I recently have been using Cream Wax as I thought it might be better - it states lower working temperature, better for sensitive skin and less sticky. I will be honest and say I havent noticed any difference at all.
Might try a different brand to see if that makes a difference but think I will probably be going back to honey
KxXx

pink creme wax from ellisons. bloomin fantastic, best ive ever used. does melt at a much lower temperature. all my clients at tghe new salon comment on it (saying the last girls wax was much hotter etc)

Is that the Duelli cream wax Kate?

nemotail said:

Sounds like it. Is it less sticky though Kate ? That's the only thing I HATE about honey wax ...

yogacat said:
This seems like a very similar thread to another...but still.

Not really! Other geeks are asking about systems or recommendations to other waxes for sensitive skin. Whereas, I'm trying to find out what other types of waxes there are, other than the ones I've been using for the past year. I think its good to try other products, if you know what I mean.:biggrin:

Thanks to all who responded.

I use a mixture of wax's for different clients and different areas of the body from tea tree cream wax, pink cream wax to regular warm wax and aldo hot wax very good for bikini area, all from Hive of beauty....i have tried others but wouldnt use any others now.....

Amanda

nemotail said:

yeah, 'duelli professional creme wax'

(item number WE290, page 23, in the elissons catalogue)

its alot less sticky!! thats why i hate honey wax.

The only problem i find with it is that in the colder weather u have to work really quickly with it, because the top layer sets quicker and the strip doesnt stck so the wax can sometimes not come off the skin, or even come back off the strip onto the skin, if youve had this happen you will know what im on about lol.

Also, i use the Duelli paper strips, i ran out of them once and used some others i had knocking around, and boy did i have problems. youd think a strip was a strip, and they looked and felt pretty much the same, but i just couldnt work with the different ones!!!

Cool thanks Babes, going to give it a go. I had that problem with the cream wax I am using so know what you mean.
I like Waxaway Paper strips but will order some of the Duelli to compare, I have had some rubbishy ones in the past and just hate using fabric strips.
KxXx

Salon system sensitive lavender hot wax for the face, bikini line and under arm. Oritree cream wax for all the other areas.

Lily said:
I use a mixture of wax's for different clients and different areas of the body from tea tree cream wax, pink cream wax to regular warm wax and aldo hot wax very good for bikini area, all from Hive of beauty....i have tried others but wouldnt use any others now.....

Amanda

I've only just finished doing waxing at college, we used cream warm wax from Salon Systems.

So, I'm not an experienced waxer and was wondering how you know which wax to use for which client? I know about using hot wax for strong, coarse hairs and warm wax for legs etc but how do you decide when to use the tea tree cream wax or the pink cream wax???

Guess I will learn from experience but am eager to know now!!!

Thanks xxxxxxxx

Sal said:
I've only just finished doing waxing at college, we used cream warm wax from Salon Systems.

So, I'm not an experienced waxer and was wondering how you know which wax to use for which client? I know about using hot wax for strong, coarse hairs and warm wax for legs etc but how do you decide when to use the tea tree cream wax or the pink cream wax???

Guess I will learn from experience but am eager to know now!!!

Thanks xxxxxxxx

I use pink wax for everyone and every area.

I have never needed to use a diffreent wax for coearser hairs. In my old salon i got alot of asian clients for bikini waxing, and pink wax worked just as well on them as other clients.

Katelisa said:
I use pink wax for everyone and every area.

I have never needed to use a diffreent wax for coearser hairs. In my old salon i got alot of asian clients for bikini waxing, and pink wax worked just as well on them as other clients.

This sounds really good Kate. I'll give it a try!

I use aloe vera wax by Depilieve. Its supplied by Smartbuy. Its the best iv'e been able to find.

I use honey wax or cream wax everywhere - including brazilian waxing and have never had any issues. IMHO If you follow the correct procedure ensuring your application and removal is done properly you shouldnt have problems.

I did advanced waxing training with hot wax and used it a few times but just didnt get on with it - time consuming and in my opinion more painful.

I couldnt be faffed swapping waxes about between areas/ clients - unless the client has a allergy to a certain type of wax.

KxXx

nemotail said:

I couldnt be faffed swapping waxes about between areas/ clients - unless the client has a allergy to a certain type of wax.

KxXx

This what I am doing at the moment - too time consuming. I'm just looking for something sensible that I can use for all areas.

I like hot wax but you use alot of it - so its not really profitable to use it.

Latest posts

Back