Waxers - Which type of wax do you use for your treatments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andrea - did you know they used to recycle Hot Wax by melting it and then sieving it back into the wax pot YUK!!!! Thats why it was more popular because they re-used it.

The reason I have alway stuck (LOL!) to Honey wax is that it has the least amount of additives (colour, fragrance) so least chance of client sensitivity.
KxXx

I did a brazillian on saturday LOVED It (wot a sick puppy) the reason i loved it was it was so nice and easy !

I was triained in the HOT WAX....faffy flicking the side up to pull off (esp with my nails on)..............so i did it with my cream wax and spatula.

The client lives in london and was used to LONDON PRICES AND LONDON SERVICE.....................i was papping it.

Why o why did i put my certificate on the wall !!

Anyway......It WAS A BREEZE........she was used to PANTS oFF:rolleyes: .....HOW MUCH EASIER WAS THAT !!! WAS SO SO EASY !

No faffing round the knicker line - spose not everyone would be happy with it but i did it in around 10 mins no worries.

Hey i may even nick your BEAVER BARBER title kate !!!!:wink2:

Amb x

MINKUS said:

NEVER!!!! lol.

(actually, i hope u do get confident enuff to steal it!! ...wait till u get ur first first timer with long hair growin in all directions!! thats fun! hehe.)

MINKUS said:
I did a brazillian on saturday LOVED It (wot a sick puppy) the reason i loved it was it was so nice and easy !

I was triained in the HOT WAX....faffy flicking the side up to pull off (esp with my nails on)..............so i did it with my cream wax and spatula.

The client lives in london and was used to LONDON PRICES AND LONDON SERVICE.....................i was papping it.

Why o why did i put my certificate on the wall !!

Anyway......It WAS A BREEZE........she was used to PANTS oFF:rolleyes: .....HOW MUCH EASIER WAS THAT !!! WAS SO SO EASY !

No faffing round the knicker line - spose not everyone would be happy with it but i did it in around 10 mins no worries.

Amb x

Bloomin eck Amb, YOU are turning into a Beaver Barber, 10 minutes - way to go!

Katelisa said:
NEVER!!!! lol.

(actually, i hope u do get confident enuff to steal it!! ...wait till u get ur first first timer with long hair growin in all directions!! thats fun! hehe.)

ok i will settle for BEAVER BARBER ROOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katelisa said:
NEVER!!!! lol.

I am def. in the running to steal that title as well :wink2:

Overgrown bushes are no problem I have a bikini strimmer to help out!!

nemotail said:
Andrea - did you know they used to recycle Hot Wax by melting it and then sieving it back into the wax pot YUK!!!! Thats why it was more popular because they re-used it.

The reason I have alway stuck (LOL!) to Honey wax is that it has the least amount of additives (colour, fragrance) so least chance of client sensitivity.
KxXx

Yep, I heard about hot wax being recycled many moons ago. How disgusting! Wonder how they got the hairs out??? My tutor was a Beauty Therapist in the 60s....

I was also taught that the honey wax is the purest.

Does creme wax contain lanolin, correct me if I'm wrong.

nemotail said:
I have a bikini strimmer to help out!!

tell tell tell:wink2:

best thing i found is NOSE HAIR TRIMMERS.................dont ask how i found that one out!

Ambxx

Okaaay wont ask LOL!
clicky here this is the one I have - comes with stencils!

KxXx

MINKUS said:
tell tell tell:wink2:

best thing i found is NOSE HAIR TRIMMERS.................dont ask how i found that one out!

Ambxx

ARE YOU SERIOUS??? LMAO!! HEDGE STRIMMER!!!

EXCELLENT I HAVE £20 ON MY BOOTs CARD THANKS NEMO....er whaddya say?? erm mind if i have a little...........trim b4 i start??

amb x

I just explain it makes it easier to get the correct shape, which it does gives a better definition. Its difficult to wax hair which is too long and makes it more painful for the client. No one has minded. So much better than using stork scissors like the tutor did on our course - I honestly was in fear of the models life :Scared:

nemotail said:
I just explain it makes it easier to get the correct shape, which it does gives a better definition. Its difficult to wax hair which is too long and makes it more painful for the client. No one has minded. So much better than using stork scissors like the tutor did on our course - I honestly was in fear of the models life :Scared:

i owe u a beer when we meet nemo u have been such a help to me since ive known ya babes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ambxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No probs Amb - you've helped me loads too - but I will hold you to that beer!
KxXx

This trimmer Karol... do you just shorten the hairs yes? I take it you leave 1/4 inch left on to wax?

Yep Jen - it has 5 different settings so I trim what I am going to wax makes life so much easier as you have a defined line to work to. You can also trim the remaining hair for a neater look.

Its good for overgrown underarm hair as well.

The one I have is really easy to dismantle for cleaning.
HTH
KxXx

nemotail said:
Yep Jen - it has 5 different settings so I trim what I am going to wax makes life so much easier as you have a defined line to work to. You can also trim the remaining hair for a neater look.

Its good for overgrown underarm hair as well.

The one I have is really easy to dismantle for cleaning.
HTH
KxXx

EXCELLENT IDEA !!!!!!!!

Kewl... I can feel a purchase coming on! I think I have about 30 quid in points on my boots card so will use that ... nice one! :hug:

yep i also use a nose hair trimmer :p they are loads easier than faffing with scissors especially underneath :Scared: mine are getting a bit old now , can i ask where you got yours and what make are they ?? coz mine doesnt have diffferent length settings, thanks dee x

nemotail said:
Okaaay wont ask LOL!
clicky here this is the one I have - comes with stencils!

KxXx
click on the above Babes
HTH
KxXx

Latest posts

Back