Waxing 8 Year Old

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam28

Reaction score
Hi, just want your opinions. I've been asked to do an eyebrow wax on an eight year old. Now assuming the insurance company are happy with the parents consent, what do you guys think ethically ?? I've booked it in, apparently she's got a real problem with them (I havent seen the girl). I know (and have joined in) on previous threads about waxing 10 year old legs which I dont really thinks a problem, but not sure about 8 really, very wary being honest, but at what age do you and what age dont you ?? :confused:

Bearing in mind that by this age, children can already have significant self esteem issues, provided the child wanted it and it wasn't just a pushy mother, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

I would make sure its the girl that wants them doing and not the Mum first!. Make sure you are covered, like you say, then do it, I don't think we're in a position to tell people they SHOULDN'T do something, she will only go elsewhere for it doing. I wouldn't let my 8 year old have it done but it wouldn't stop me doing someone elses child. xxx

If the insurance company are happy then it is up to the mum really. Just check the child is happy. As others have said she may have self esteem issues due to bushy eyebrows and it's just pulling out a few hairs! When you see her you may loose all doubts as she may have a mono-brow. Just keep them as natural as possible when you do them. :hug:

ive been doing my daughters eyebrows since they have been 4. only the middle bit really, but if it hurt them or they didnt want me too i wouldnt do it.

they now ask me when it grows back to remove it. however their my kids. in my business i would take each case on an individual basis. I wouldnt say I would do every child that walked through my doors. I would make sure that the child wanted it as much as the parent, especially in self esteem issues. There are some I turn away that are making there young children have everything for modelling or pageant reasons.

Kate

Yes I think you're all right, was what I was thinking really, like Weezie says, once I've seen her I will probably understand. Was thinking I will do the middle first just incase she finds it too painful, rather than doing one underneath and her saying enoughs enough. THanks for the advice, its put my mind at rest x

Bearing in mind that by this age, children can already have significant self esteem issues, provided the child wanted it and it wasn't just a pushy mother, I wouldn't have a problem with it.
I would think it will be pretty scary for an 8 year old, you cannot expect her to understand the procedure and you are working near her eyes too. What if she bottles it after you've done the first strip? Or moves at the wrong time? I did my son's eyebrows at 16 for the first time and he could not believe the sensation he felt despite being warned. He wouldn't keep still either!!

My Beautician friend waxes her 9 year old daughter's underarms. In this case it is because her daughter wants to be the little girl that she is, without being embarrassed of underarm hair. I must admit I fully agree.

IMO I would not wax young girls for vanity.

Why does she want them done hun? I would do them no problem if they were causing her some embarrasment , like the joining bit in the middle. But I wouldnt shape them just because she just randomly wanted it done.
xxx

I havent seen them, but I get the impression she's got a real problem with them, its not just for vanity, or if it is there's no way I'd put an 8 year old through the pain of a wax just for vanity

I used to have a girl who was 6 who used to come in and have the middle bit of her eyebrows done. The first time she came in I talked to her about it because i was worried that it was just the mum being really pushy but it turned out it was the other way round. The little girl did have a serious mono brow and the kids at school teased her so much about it that she begged her mum to let her have it done. I explained what it would feel like and that it might go it bit red afterwards but she was determined to have it done. However I did only tidy up the middle and that was it! I drew the line at a full eyebrow shaping but she was happy with that. I would talk to the girl and find out if she really wants it done first.

i agree that as long as she is the one up for it, i think its ok. Although i would use a soft wax so that if she fidgets and wax goes some place it shouldnt it can be removed with some oil.

i know girls are growing up faster these days but 8 years old seems very young to have waxing!is their skin not far too delicate for this?

Gosh this is so hard. The thing is some children are so cruel, and unfortunatly we live in a world of media and how we should look, that even children are starting to get emotional and upset over there over all look. Children grow up so fast, but eight is soo young. I certainly would not dismiss it, but i would take a look to see why she is so upset by them. If she is suffering with self esteem because they are really bushy and stand out so to speak then yes, with consent of mum and child i would do them. But if i looked and they were not bushy and did not stand out from the crowd, then depending on how the child felt , i would tell her how fab they looked any way and would just tweezer the odd stray to tidy up and it would be the odd one just to make her feel better. But i would also make sure she understood not to try and do them her self. I am sure u will be just fab hun, as u are obviously very concerned about it. Go with your gut instinct and what your heart says:hug:

Latest posts

Back