Waxing a ladies bottom

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoannaELH

Reaction score
I have a client who has polycistic ovaries, causing her to be very hair. She is new to waxing and wanted to try before going on hols. She was originally only wanting a full leg wax stopping where her swim suit would be, however after having it done she was so impressed with how thin the hair was when grown back that she now want her whole bottom done. I have never waxed a bum before, it took the lady alot of courage to finally get waxing done she is quite embarressed about it I didn't want to say I can't do it. I have been scouring on youtube for tutorials but cant seem to find any does anyone have any tips on positioning, skin stretching ect or know a good tutorial that will help? Thanks in advance for any replies

How much of the bum does she want done - does she want the inbetween done as well! I'd treat it like intimate waxing - I'd also ask her to stretch some of the area whilst you wax x

I do quite a lot of bottom waxes I just include it in a Hollywood/ Brazilian wax if it looks like it needs done. Every one is a different shape and size. I have the client lie on her side and do one cheek at a time (turning over for second cheek). If u need the client to help you stretch I'm sure she won't mind :)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

IMO when you are waxing the butt they are best on all fours you can get better access and it's so much quicker and better support of the skin. Whilst I only wax men I'm sure it's no different for female clients.

I do loads of bum waxes! Normally it's straight after full leg so I just keep them laying down and really stretch up, all fours is good to as the stretching is pretty much done for you :)

There was a thread on here recently about how therapists wax bottoms during Brazilians, and there was a lot of different opinions. The only thing I would say is DO NOT ask the client. If you say very matter of factly "The easiest way to do this is XXX" then it makes you sound like you know what you are talking about.

Are you planning to only do the butt cheeks or also the crack? I'm guessing as it's new to you both, just the cheeks, in which case she could keep knickers on and start with the outside edges.

I personally do all my clients on all fours, as this is how I was trained, and I see no need to change this. My clients accept that this is how it's done.

Since I started offering Brazilians, I am asked for many more body parts. My clients with PCOS now has her breasts waxed. I guess she thinks if I can do noonys, boobies are a piece of cake lol!

Vicki x

Thanks very much it is her butt cheeks she would like waxed, I have been gradually working up her pant line but, my positioning didn't feel right, the skin didn't seem stretched enough will definitely get her to go on all fours, she feels really comfortable with me so didn't want to send her to someone else, I don't do Brazillian waxes only Basic waxing, which to be honest apart from eyebrows (my speciality) I dont get asked for other area's much. But feel confident enough carrying out basic waxing, Thanks again I don't suppose anyone knows of a link to a video I can watch?

Lori Nestore has great educational videos that include Brazilian waxing. There used to be a loan scheme that was run by Angelina where people could watch the video and pass it on to others on the list. Not sure if it's still running. Would probably be good to see them if you could.

If you're a confident waxer, I don't think you need a vid. Get her to drop down onto her elbows and stick her bottom in the air, and pull one side of her knickers in at a time, and just think of what you know about waxing - applying in direction of hair growth, remove against, keep skin taught.

Even easier is to get her to wear a thong. For some reason, many of my clients put their 'period' knickers on to come for waxing. Great - you then have to move swathes of material out of the way to get to the bit they want waxed.

Let us know how it goes,

Vicki x

Have you had training if not insurance will not cover you

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks so much for the tips Ladies just finished and it went really well, I only did her cheeks and I advised her that if she wanted crack done it would be best too get someone who uses hot wax, but she was really happy. I was worrying about nothing as per lol xx

It's always great when people feed back on the advice given. Glad it went well x

Latest posts

Back