Waxing advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophs999

Reaction score
Hey geeks. When doing an all off bikini on a client recently, she had strong hair growth and blood spotted a lot, how do u stop contaminating wax with blood spot if a bit goes on spatula? Does the heat of wax kill any contamination? (If I put on high when I get home) I'm wondering if I wud benefit from a Hollywood wax refresher course that may cover things like this and proper holding positions etc?

Super simple. Don't double dip. New spatula each time.

You should be using a new wooden spatula for each wax strip...so there should be no problem with contamination??? Unless you are using a metal spatula and double dipping, which is only for arms, legs and backs, you cant use this technique for bikini or under arms, YOU CANNOT DOUBLE DIP WHEN DOING A BIKINI WAX!
So whether you use hot wax or strip every time your wooden spatula has been in the wax pot and then placed on the skin it goes straight in the bin. I use both ends of my spatula by having strips of tissue ready to wrap around the wax end allowing me to use the other.
tinax

If you use the single use disposable wooden spatulas for the underarms and intimate waxing it will be fine.

Jack

Never double dip!

However it sounds like you have already double dipped your wax with blood contamination so BIN IT! You can't use this wax again on another client!

Thanks sooo much.

Super simple. Don't double dip. New spatula each time.

I agree, it is the only way with intimate waxing! And to help save spatulas always use both ends before throwing away... so use one end and then wrap with tissue and use the other :) If you find that to difficut, have a wax strip laid out and leave the spatula with the used end to dry before picking up to use the other clean end! Quick, easy and hygenic!

i was taught by kim lawless. and she is brilliant. also 100 spatulas ar £2.00 so not worth the problems of a double dip. x

i was taught by kim lawless. and she is brilliant. also 100 spatulas ar £2.00 so not worth the problems of a double dip. x
I agree ...

Check out Salons Direct... You can get spatulas from as little as 75p a box of 100!!
Jack

Latest posts

Back