Waxing advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmmaLou1989

Reaction score
Hi, I'm just a little advice.
I waxed my friends armpits the other day and I thought I'd done everything right by checking wax temperature, holding skin tort (or however you spell it) and I worked in smaller sections as her hair grows in all kinds of directions. Anyway one arm went perfectly but the other bruised right away. I don't know if this helps but she's a bigger lady so the under arm skin is a little looser. Is it normal for bruising to occur this way? I used warm wax as I find it easier to use.
This has knocked my confidence a little as I usually love waxing.

I get all underarm waxing client to put their arm up out of the way, and use the opposite hand to pull their boob down towards their chest. Gravity pulls their boob towards their armpits, and a bigger lady probably has a bigger boob. Then use your hand to stretch the skin as your normally would.

Anyone that has had Covid may have odd responses to waxing.

Everyone is different, your lady may not be perfect for warm waxing - especially if she can’t anchor her skin firmly.

I always use Hard wax (Berodin wax) on underarms so you never get brusing. It's much kinder on the skin as is shrink wraps the hair. Also better on tough terninal hair. I trained with warm wax but never use it for underarms now. Hard wax is also less painfull for the client.

Latest posts

Back