Waxing Advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layrex9

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have just been on a waxing course and I was just wondering which waxing systems are good - can anyone recommend any to me?

Thank you very much,
:hug:

probably best to stick with the one you used during training and master that before you branch out with a different brand. they all vary ever so slightly, so it may be best to get a little more experience first.

The best wax on the market is Perron Rigot from Paris...........Thalgo are the distributors. It's dearer than your bog standard wax but you'll earn loads more money by using it as your clients will love it and come back time and time again.

I have never tried Perron Rigot, but I love Cirepil. I use the Blue Hard Wax and one called Ease.
Kim- Do you have a website for your wax? By the way your waxing web page was cracking me up! I don't think I could put the words 'sac' or 'crack' on my menu!!!

Hi there,

I have just been on a waxing course and I was just wondering which waxing systems are good - can anyone recommend any to me?

Thank you very much,
:hug:
Ok,well where Perron Rigot may have a good rep with professionals but let me say this, without ruffling a few feathers...I have been in the industry for quite a few years now,in a vey busy salon(so lots of waxing)

I can hand on heart say that we use standard wax...Clean and Easy to be precise,and I have rarely been asked what wax I use.Other than IF someone has a very specific wax allergy problem.(probably boils down to 5 in as many years who have actually asked what wax I use)so not that many,certainly not enough to determine who comes to us for what wax we use.

For me,I firmly believe that it's down to your waxing expertise,not so much the wax you use,I have many clients that have been coming for years and years and NEVER ask what I use,it never even enters the conversation.:green:

Please dont think I am spoiling for an argument,I am speaking from a busy therapists point of view....who has never had any problems,with a run of the mill range.(they do do a T tree range for sensitive skin)

Use what you are happy with,if you have problems then seek other ranges.HTH:hug:

Hey- guess what, Perron Rigot IS Cirepil! And I DO have clients that come to me JUST for the wax I use. No one else in my area uses this wax so it sets me apart from every other Joe-Shmoe doing waxing. My clients love it.

Ok,well where Perron Rigot may have a good rep with professionals but let me say this, without ruffling a few feathers...I have been in the industry for quite a few years now,in a vey busy salon(so lots of waxing)
For me,I firmly believe that it's down to your waxing expertise,not so much the wax you use,I have many clients that have been coming for years and years and NEVER ask what I use,it never even enters the conversation.:green:
Use what you are happy with,if you have problems then seek other ranges.HTH:hug:

Well as one of the biggest fans and advocates of Perron Rigot, I have to say I agree with Babs to a large extent (no feathers ruffled here! :D).

I do get many clients who come to me specifically because I use hard wax in addition to strip wax, but I suspect very few would give a fig over the actual brand, as long as it did the job as comfortably and efficiently as possible. The brand comes down to our individual choice and preferences as technicians, based on what we each look for from a product in terms of ease of use, client comfort and results.

As a therapist I use and recommend Perron Rigot because I find it a delight to use and it gives me the results my customers and I want - hence why I'm so vocal in recommending it to others. I stand by my belief that a good wax will give better results than a poor quality product (stands to reason!), but as you rightly suggest Babs, any wax is only as good as the person using it.

Lydia, my advice is to build your confidence as Susan suggests and try a few brands to see what's out there. A lot will also depend on what method of wax application you prefer - pot and spatula, roller waxing or disposable tube applicators. Other pot and spatula waxes I'd recommend include Depileve and Lycon, but I'm sure other Geeks will chip in with their favourites! Enjoy :hug:

Andy :)

Well as one of the biggest fans and advocates of Perron Rigot, I have to say I agree to a large extent (no feathers ruffled here! :D).

I do get many clients who come to me specifically because I use hard wax in addition to strip wax, but I suspect very few would give a fig over the actual brand, as long as it did the job as comfortably and efficiently as possible.

As a therapist I use and recommend Perron Rigot because I find it a delight to use and it gives me the results my customers and I want - hence why I'm so vocal in recommending it to others. For that reason I stand by my belief that a good wax will give better results than a poor quality product (stands to reason!), but as you rightly suggest Babs, any wax is only as good as the person using it.

Andy :)
Love and hugs Andy....an honest and professional person and good opinion from your point of view xx

BABSANN...........I totally get what you're saying. Clients don't know or care what wax we use. No, the reason I use Perron Rigot is because I know it gives a better result, the hard wax makes intimate waxing trauma free ............and it makes me a lot of money as my clients love it.

Wax Princess...........Glad you like it. When I was working on my site, I must admit it made me think of three ex husbands. One was an Osteopath, one was a plasterer and the other one a postman. I nicknamed them Back, Crack & Sack. LOL

I have to agree, haven't actually tried perron rigot, was ill for the training day, was really gutted but i have to say that now i'm not looking to change my current wax any time in the future, since i set up in april i've had alot of waxing clients through the door, including full body waxes, i now feel really confident with my waxing, i use a standard aloe vera jelly wax, salon systems generally as i can have it delivered for free in any quantity, i also use talc, i'm happy, clients are happy, timings are quick, i've also tried roller wax and can't get on with it at all, pot and spatula for me. I've only been asked what wax i use and that was by someone who's hairdresser had waxed her lip with a wax strip from boots! xx

Latest posts

Back