waxing and diabetes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katexx

Reaction score
Can some one please remind me why diabeties is contra-indicated in waxing. I trained 10 years ago and cant remember ! And one of my clients has just been diagnosed Thankyou:)

"Some physicians believe that waxing is unsuitable for people who suffer from diabetes, or have varicose veins, or poor circulation, as these conditions make them more susceptible to infection."

Beauty Guild - Waxing

also see here...

What is the problem with waxing and diabetes? I need to know exactly what happens if you have diabetes and were to wax?

HTHs.

(btw, it took me 2 seconds to get these sites from google, so instead of waiting for replys you can usually find the info your looking for on the internet if ur in a rush!)

thanks for getting back so quickly ill check the sites out.:)
Would U girls wax clients with diabeties and will my babtac insurance cover me:confused:

i was taught that people with diabetes have thinner skin especially elderly people so waxing could potentially take layers of the skin off.

Its also dow to the lack of sensation they may have, the wax could be too hot but they just cannot feel it! so they could suffer burns.

To be honest, from talking to people / clients with diabetes, everything is very over exagerated towards their condition, if that makes sense.

Each individual client knows what they can and cannot do generally.

If there are any diabetics here please correct me if im wrong in thinking this...

=]

Its also dow to the lack of sensation they may have, the wax could be too hot but they just cannot feel it! so they could suffer burns.

To be honest, from talking to people / clients with diabetes, everything is very over exagerated towards their condition, if that makes sense.

Each individual client knows what they can and cannot do generally.

If there are any diabetics here please correct me if im wrong in thinking this...

=]

i think you're right, the dangers are just drummed in to us when we train to prevent any unwanted incidents occurring.

edit: Having said that, it's worth knowing the contra-actions incase you get a client who is diabetic but has never had a waxing treatment so they wouldn't know how thier skin would react, if that makes sense?!

Latest posts

Back