waxing and genital herpes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angie y

Reaction score
is it possible to catch genital herpes through waxing.

never thoguht of this buti doubt it as surely you would wear gloves and sanitise etc ??? i dont do waxing so this is just my hnist opinion please correct me if in wrong

sorry i ment from client to client, what if some one had herpes but it wasnt showing as it can stay dormant for a while and you have break outs a couple of times a year. and you waxed them not knowing, could it be passed on to another client sorry if i sound stupid but i would realy like to wise up on waxing and sexually transmited diseases.:rolleyes:

Personally i wouldn't do it. As there is a chance of contaminating your wax. the only way i would have thought of getting around this would be to use a clean spatula every time you dip into the wax.

But even so i still wouldn't wax. Why on earth would someone want a wax knowing they have Herpes???...:eek:

Well never say never but as far as i know for one the herpes would have to be active and i dont think anyone would come and have waxing in that area if it were and two the virus would have to live in the wax and this is what i dont think anyone really knows this goes into the threads on wax contamination.Thing is, that in intimate areas just use common sense.

sorry i ment from client to client, what if some one had herpes but it wasnt showing as it can stay dormant for a while and you have break outs a couple of times a year. and you waxed them not knowing, could it be passed on to another client sorry if i sound stupid but i would realy like to wise up on waxing and sexually transmited diseases.:rolleyes:
Its like cold sores its only catching if the virus is active

Highly unlikely, if not impossible. Genital herpes is an extremely fragile virus that is transmitted through skin-to-skin contact. Neither can it be caught by sharing linen or toilet seats in the salon environment.

Its like cold sores its only catching if the virus is active

I thought this as well, but the herpes virus can be passed on even when there are no blisters or sores - in fact, many people with genital herpes don't even know they have the condition, as they may have no symptoms at all. Again, however, this would only be a concern for direct skin-to-skin contact (i.e. sexual contact!) and not when waxing.

I thought this as well, but the herpes virus can be passed on even when there are no blisters or sores - in fact, many people with genital herpes don't even know they have the condition, as they may have no symptoms at all. Again, however, this would only be a concern for direct skin-to-skin contact (i.e. sexual contact!) and not when waxing.

it must be v low risk my husband gets coldsores and weve been married 20 years and ive never had one ..i never kiss him when hes got one..and i was kissing him five years before we got married

thanks i just worry about theese things i have a lot of students as clients who like going out on and not remembering what they have done or where they stayed and most dont pay much attention to their bikini area. people want to sue for anything theese days. :lol:

thanks i just worry about theese things i have a lot of students as clients who like going out on and not remembering what they have done or where they stayed and most dont pay much attention to their bikini area. people want to sue for anything theese days. :lol:
Thought about using a roller or tube system like clean and easy,phd or australian bodycare.

yes but im not sure that it woud suit, i love the wax i use and all my clients do too, they have had waxing done by theese methods and for some reason they dont like it, they have made several comments that the wax doesnt get the hairs out properly it snaps them, or they are always left sticky but i have explained it might be the therapist but to be honest im not sure as i have never used theese :lol:

can the phd systems be used for hollywood waxing how do you remove the hair from the lip area without scratching it with the plastic end, :rolleyes:

yes but im not sure that it woud suit, i love the wax i use and all my clients do too, they have had waxing done by theese methods and for some reason they dont like it, they have made several comments that the wax doesnt get the hairs out properly it snaps them, or they are always left sticky but i have explained it might be the therapist but to be honest im not sure as i have never used theese :lol:
Its like anything it takes a bit of getting used to i actually have a roller system but dont use it on the very intimate areas on a bikini wax because ive got a favourite creme wax i like but ive been told i can put it in a roller and its fine so i will try though havent yet.I top the cartridges up with pot wax anyway so its the same wax.

i use the cream wax too and my clients love it,

it must be v low risk my husband gets coldsores and weve been married 20 years and ive never had one ..i never kiss him when hes got one

Absolutely Gill. Herpes is most infectious when it's blistering, but apparently the risk is also there just before and after a sore appears.

Here's a useless bit of geeky info for you all (I used to work in sexual health, I promise I don't sit awake all night reading up on sexually transmitted infections!! :lol:) - according to the World Health Organisation, nearly 90% of us carry the herpes simplex virus, although many of us will never have any symptoms. So there ya go! :D

can the phd systems be used for hollywood waxing how do you remove the hair from the lip area without scratching it with the plastic end, :rolleyes:
Cant help with phd i have clean and easy and i love it whizzes down the legs in no time brilliant weeny rollers for eyebrows very good.Didnt kike it when i first got it though took a few waxes to get the hang of it now if anything happened to it id definately buy another

Absolutely Gill. Herpes is most infectious when it's blistering, but apparently the risk is also there just before and after a sore appears.

Here's a useless bit of geeky info for you all (I used to work in sexual health, I promise I don't sit awake all night reading up on sexually transmitted infections!! :lol:) - according to the World Health Organisation, nearly 90% of us carry the herpes simplex virus, although many of us will never have any symptoms. So there ya go! :D
isnt it in the top of our spines or something

isnt it in the top of our spines or something

For facial coldsores, yes. The herpes virus lurks in the nerve ganglia closest to the outbreak :)

thank you for all your help and info on the matter :)

Latest posts

Back