waxing and heart problems?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trace185

Reaction score
Hiya all,
As you know i am doing a waxing course and i have been given stacks of home work so we can just do practical at college.
anyway i am stuck on one question and i dont know where to get help. I have the beauty therapy book but cant find help.

can you help?

the question is:

Why is Heart problems a contra indication in waxing and how would you recognize it?

I have put in my answer:
Someone with heart problems may be dangerous to them as they may have loss of heat sensation so an hot an cold test would have to be done and also a gp note would be needed to carry on with treatment. I would recognise it by the consulatation, medical records, skin my be bluish, may have enlarged neck veins, short of breathless and sweeling to legs.

I got it sent back to me saying add more to heart problems questions
have i done it wrong can anyone add anything to help me?
anyway thanks and hope someone can help as my brain is doing somersaults!!
thanks from trace xx

Hiya all,
As you know i am doing a waxing course and i have been given stacks of home work so we can just do practical at college.
anyway i am stuck on one question and i dont know where to get help. I have the beauty therapy book but cant find help.

can you help?

the question is:

Why is Heart problems a contra indication in waxing and how would you recognize it?

I have put in my answer:
Someone with heart problems may be dangerous to them as they may have loss of heat sensation so an hot an cold test would have to be done and also a gp note would be needed to carry on with treatment. I would recognise it by the consulatation, medical records, skin my be bluish, may have enlarged neck veins, short of breathless and sweeling to legs.

I got it sent back to me saying add more to heart problems questions
have i done it wrong can anyone add anything to help me?
anyway thanks and hope someone can help as my brain is doing somersaults!!
thanks from trace xx
The drugs people take to relieve their heart conditions can /may cause a contra-action to waxing.For example some medication can cause the blood to thin meaning that if the client were to have some blood spotting as a result of waxing,then it could cause problems with stopping the bleeding.
Have a look in a medical book under heart conditions,see what different medications you feel may affect the body that in turn could be affected by waxing,HTH

hiya,
thanks for that. i have had a look in my book but it doesnt say anything about heart problems. thankyou for your help on medication big help thankyou
from trace x

Latest posts

Back