Waxing and pregnant ladies?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbrown332

Reaction score
Hiya geeks!

I recently had a lady booked in for a bikini wax, she turned up and told me she was 37 weeks pregnant and if I was ok with it, she desperately wanted her bikini line waxed. I said ok and started, as I applied the wax, i noticed she had really tight and scarred skin, she said she had a skin graft on her bikini area a fair few years ago. I went to wax that side but nothing came out.

Do you think it was because she was pregnant that made her hair really coarse and difficult to get out or the skin graft? As no hair came out, I said I wasn't comfortable carrying on as no hair was coming out and it would hurt her. But I'm digressing, what do you think about the no hair coming out??

Thanks
Leanne
X

Sound as though it was something to do with the skin graft. You did the right thing not carrying on, although it's strange that it didn't come out.

Hiya geeks!

I recently had a lady booked in for a bikini wax, she turned up and told me she was 37 weeks pregnant and if I was ok with it, she desperately wanted her bikini line waxed. I said ok and started, as I applied the wax, i noticed she had really tight and scarred skin, she said she had a skin graft on her bikini area a fair few years ago. I went to wax that side but nothing came out.

Do you think it was because she was pregnant that made her hair really coarse and difficult to get out or the skin graft? As no hair came out, I said I wasn't comfortable carrying on as no hair was coming out and it would hurt her. But I'm digressing, what do you think about the no hair coming out??

Thanks
Leanne
X

I had a standard bikini wax around 36 weeks and it was fine x

Sorry, forgot to say that it's fine to wax pregnant women.

I'm glad I stopped too, she was getting uncomfortable anyway. Thanks for the advice ladies!! I thought it might have been the skin graft instead of her being pregnant!!

Leanne
X

I wax many pregnant ladies who are in the third trimester. I also think that it's to do with the skin graft? Toughened skin? Not 100% on that one .

Would you believe that loads of ladies have a wax in preparation for delivery? :)

I haven't had any that far along myself lol but I've had several in their 2nd trimester - I won't treat anyone in the 1st trimester for any treatment - I don't know if I'd be insured but from personal choice I wouldn't anyway so haven't even asked lol

I'd say it was to do with the skin graft too, has she ever had a wax on that area since the graft?

My last client was 38 weeks pregnant and was hoping a brazilian would help bring on the labour!

LOL Tell them to go to a reflexologist :) They can sometimes help bring it on if they are good :)

she said shes had loads of bikini waxs just not while shes been pregnant, so maybe its the mix of both??

Leanne
X

she said shes had loads of bikini waxs just not while shes been pregnant, so maybe its the mix of both??

Leanne
X

Hmmm weird!? Maybe both then like you say. X

Hi everyone can I jump in on this one? I am newly qualified and my first paying client is a 34 week pregnant lady who wants a full leg, I know her so know she is rather hairy! Is there any tricks for getting to the backs of the legs as I'm not going to be able to get her to turn over? Any advice tips would be so appreciated and I'm planning on using tea tree warm wax

I had my Hollywood done at 39 weeks and started contracting on the drive home! :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Hi everyone can I jump in on this one? I am newly qualified and my first paying client is a 34 week pregnant lady who wants a full leg, I know her so know she is rather hairy! Is there any tricks for getting to the backs of the legs as I'm not going to be able to get her to turn over? Any advice tips would be so appreciated and I'm planning on using tea tree warm wax
Always start by asking them to tell you when they feel uncomfortable and want to move.

Wax the front of the leg as normal, then turn their leg out with the knee bent. This was you can wax a lot of the back of the calf. When you've finished that part, you'll be left with a narrow strip on the back of the calf, so you can get your client to lay on their side to finish it off.

I've just waxed my best friend today 38 weeks pregnant in prep for her caesarian, it was hilarious I was having to say sorry to the baby as I was pushing it out of the way to get a good stretch - kicked me a couple of time's, he / she wasn't happy!!

Hiya geeks!

Thanks
Leanne
X

Did you use strip or non strip wax??

Latest posts

Back