Waxing and tanning help!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenny2

Reaction score
Hi guys, had a really stressfull day to day as worried due to the reaction of the people i rent my room off. I can understand there situation, but to be honest just want to rea chech with you waxing guys. A lady came into the shop today and paid for her tanning session and asked if she could have her eyebrows waxed and an eye lash tint. Now i have always been told that no waxing should be performed after tanning or for twenty four hours after. I explained this to the client and said that my insurance would be void if she had a reaction and she decided to not go on the sun bed. The problem is, the last therapist said you could go on the tanning before a waxing treatment, but not after one.
The manager of the shop was upset as she felt she would loose business and that we needed to find a way around it. Please guys can you just clarify this for me, and tell me what you would do.:cry:

Hello Jenny! Oh dear, I can imagine you're feeling quite stressed about this! I would say definitely no tanning 24 hours before or 48 hours after waxing because the client could react and then she wouldn't be very happy would she? xx

I have the same problem sometimes in my salon. I always explain that waxing is not recommended 24 hours before or after sunbed. Sometimes they say well I've had it done before elsewhere and it was OK. If they insist then I believe that the sunbed is better before the waxing rather than after. If the face lamps can be switched off then I recommend they do this. ( If sunbed was used after waxing then the 'after wax oil' would make their eyebrows sore im sure.) Most of the time when you explain the customer accepts this and says they'll use the sunbed in a couple of days.

Diane

Waxing exfoliates the skin and can therefore make you more prone to a burn! I don't recommend anyone to go in the sun let alone on a sun bed after waxing.

They should not have waxing straight after a sun bed as the skin will be more sensitive and you could also cause a burn.

You are right to worry about being told to do this. There is no way around this. They should have their waxing on a different day then you can be sure the skin won't be damaged. :hug: I feel for you that you are having to justify this beyond the obvious! Surely they don't want to be sued! I would go by Shellies time guidance.

Latest posts

Back