Waxing and tint procedure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanyer21

Nail addict
Reaction score
So a new girl has started with me who used to work at benefit.. she puts the tint on then wax with the tint on them removes tint has anyone ever heard of this before.. I found this really odd

How odd. Definitely not how I was taught how to do it, but then nothing surprises me anymore lol

Sounds a bit messy to me. Is it to save time?

Sloppy work. We have standard salon protocols and everyone has to follow them. I recently had a temp who told me that to remove tint she would ask the client to tilt their head to the side, hold a towel under their face and pour water over the clients eye!!!! I've never heard of such a practise.

I have a friend who went to have her lashes tinted and the therapist said ‘here’s some water and a pad, get it off yourself’! I was mortified! X

For my college exams I was not allowed to flush the eyes with water as hat would be cheating.
However certain clients do have very very sensitive eyes and no matter how carefully you remove it, they appreciate having a little damp flush I call it.
Not all clients but certain clients, I myself am one of those ppl I even go to bathroom rinse my face under the tap. No matter who done my eyes or how experienced they are.
It’s must me me!

But yes I think benefit do that, I had them do the wax then Tint which is the wrong way round I my opinion!
Anyhow the shape was horrid and if I ever see her again I’ll have her shot at dawn! Took me a year to re grow my brows back!

So a new girl has started with me who used to work at benefit.. she puts the tint on then wax with the tint on them removes tint has anyone ever heard of this before.. I found this really odd
Sorry if this is a late response, but I work for benefit in the Metro Centre and have been waxing for them for almost 2 years- we were taught at training to always tint first and then wax after so i don't understand why anyone would do anything else? a girl that started on my counter was actually sacked after a few months because she kept forgetting and waxing first then tinting after. Seeing that you're from Consett I imagine she would have been trained by the exact same trainer as me as well, they're very strict on this rule the same way they were at college. Take it from me Benefit don't wax like that so I don't know why she is
xx

Latest posts

Back